Discuss Must have electricians toys in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have been doing tray work a lot more recently, so I want to invest in a cordless grinder after having a go with another sparks dewalt one. I already have a makita 18v drill & impact driver so can't decide whether to get a makita or the dewalt one! Anyone got the makita 18v one and recommend it?

Argh, I love me tools!

I have been doing tray work a lot more recently, so I want to invest in a cordless grinder after having a go with another sparks dewalt one. I already have a makita 18v drill & impact driver so can't decide whether to get a makita or the dewalt one! Anyone got the makita 18v one and recommend it?

Argh, I love me tools!

We have three Makita 18v grinders and one 18v Dewalt . Well actually I gave the Dewalt away to one of our subbies last week , so that says it all really !

I've been looking at grinder and jigsaw to match drills..

The makita jigsaw is good, ive used the cheapest a fair bit.

Tried someone elses makita grinder and there really good

Buy the makita one with a 4ah battery, you know you want to (there are only a couple tools atm that come with them)

I called into the office last week , and noticed that my other director had brought a 18v Makita fan for when we are in the grain stores in the summer . It is actually well cool and will apparently run for up to 4 hrs a battery , but that is a man that likes his tools !!

In my heart I wanted some one to say Makita! Excellent!

Be careful though . If you use it a lot , as it will not drain the batteries all the way down and if you don't take the last bit out of them in a drill it will end up killing the life of the batteries over time ! All cordless grinders will spank your battery's in a short time but the Dewalt one was really bad for it .

Be careful though . If you use it a lot , as it will not drain the batteries all the way down and if you don't take the last bit out of them in a drill it will end up killing the life of the batteries over time ! All cordless grinders will spank your battery's in a short time but the Dewalt one was really bad for it .

Ta, I thought the Li-Ions were pretty good at combatting that sort of thing. But I can use up the last bit of juice with the drills I already have.

I read a few reviews of various cordless grinders and saw that while most praised the flexibility of having no trailing leads the battery life was always an issue. But as I will only be using it for fairly light containment etc I reckon it'd be ok. Pay days a few days away for me, but it could well be hello to a new toy!

Thanks for swaying me lads haha

Ta, I thought the Li-Ions were pretty good at combatting that sort of thing. But I can use up the last bit of juice with the drills I already have.

I read a few reviews of various cordless grinders and saw that while most praised the flexibility of having no trailing leads the battery life was always an issue. But as I will only be using it for fairly light containment etc I reckon it'd be ok. Pay days a few days away for me, but it could well be hello to a new toy!

Thanks for swaying me lads haha

Its more the fact that batteries only have limited charge cycles before they start to degrade. For example phone batteries are usually 300;or so

Cordless grinder , brilliant for wot was a pig of jobs . I wana big up my life savers hitachi thought bought a 8pc kit 4 year ago ( £350 ) and recently bought a 18v sds to compliment the set ( witch is now the pride of the van ) for 70 pound !!! Hitachi can not be beaten on value for money batteries li-ion old type and yet to show sign of slowing down , 2 other sparky's have since seeing my kit and used it have gone on to get one so must be good , those guys were converts from makita , bosch and milwaukee . I am a big fan of them my van looks like one of there reps !!

Do you have to run the l-ion battery's flat before charging to get best out of them..

I forgot this little charmer,the younger ones amongst us may not appreciate the charm

The first time I got myself a Yankee screwdriver,it was definitely toy time

It was the short version about a foot long,I was hooked,I went and got the medium and large versions with borrowed money
I would spend ages cleaning those shafts

I had the fastest eye removing tool in the village

The first time i saw one was in an older blokes tool box, wooden handled thing. I picked it up to have a look and pushed the button, missed my face by about an inch!

I=p/u I'm assuming this is ment for me ? . Hitachi batteries have a cut out the just stop dead when there working to hard ( at the end of batteries charge usually ) it's ment to prolong battery life and protect the cells and comparing mine to friends makita's that have come and gone it must work as mine get used in circular saw , sds , grinder and impact daily ( a bit of a beating to be fair ) still no sign of slowing down . Hitachi unsung heroes , in answer to ur question I just charge it when bat cuts out

I like hitachi too, have sds and breaker but went for Milwaukee stuff in 18v which cuts out when it's time to charge, 123 technology. No complaints yet . And do same as yourself charge when cuts out.

Reply to Must have electricians toys in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock