Discuss Must have tool for Xmas in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Ok folks. What are all you tool tarts hoping to get for Xmas? Any Gucci bits of kit out there that Santa’s going to bring you?

for the house bashers out there
the m18 hole hawg- used for 1st time this morning in a new loft ext- peppered holes in no time/no effort and only took 1bar off the 5ah bat

Van racking for my new (second hand) Nv200 Nissan. Got to wait until the Christmas break to get it all fitted so I am amassing all that I need to do it, which means that my lounge is full of kit but it all looks nice - hello Ollie!

Are those snips wiha?
If so any good?
I’ve asked for some for Christmas just to put in my testing kit/tools

Exactly what these are for, my testing kit, yes they are Wiha.

I'm usually a Knipex user and use bigger 180mm side cutters for everyday use. These little 160mm Wiha cutters have much more leverage power. I'm very impressed indeed with them. The soft finish grips are nice too. Very good value for the set of three, was about £40.

Exactly what these are for, my testing kit, yes they are Wiha.

I'm usually a Knipex user and use bigger 180mm side cutters for everyday use. These little 160mm Wiha cutters have much more leverage power. I'm very impressed indeed with them. The soft finish grips are nice too. Very good value for the set of three, was about £40.
Cool I use knipex for everyday use and a ck set I’ve had for around 10 years for 1st fixing

Ok folks. What are all you tool tarts hoping to get for Xmas? Any Gucci bits of kit out there that Santa’s going to bring you?

Just got delivery of this: TL2 - http://elwislighting.com/product/tl2/

It's to replace the yellow Screwfix 11W LED which I have gone through three of in the past year due to them all having faulty switches. Will be getting a refund on my last yellow one and looking forward to this better quality light.
I read that the detachable battery pack has 'normal' off the shelf purchasable cells in it, and that it is easy to upgrade to higher amp-hour cells to make it last longer. Not had a look yet though. The Elwis unit looks well made so looking forward to using it.

Van racking for my new (second hand) Nv200 Nissan. Got to wait until the Christmas break to get it all fitted so I am amassing all that I need to do it, which means that my lounge is full of kit but it all looks nice - hello Ollie!
81F86466-E947-4A2F-8FD0-D1DA03D3E96E.jpeg81F86466-E947-4A2F-8FD0-D1DA03D3E96E.jpeg81F86466-E947-4A2F-8FD0-D1DA03D3E96E.jpeg81F86466-E947-4A2F-8FD0-D1DA03D3E96E.jpeg A6BB3E95-3F28-47F4-825A-BDBFA2886563.jpegA3C6324F-33A1-43B6-B2CF-7A0D8CBA6AF8.jpegTook me over two days and a lot of adapting because vans aren’t square but I’m please and will be filling it for the first job on Boxing Day! Merry Christmas everyone.

Just got delivery of this: TL2 - http://elwislighting.com/product/tl2/

It's to replace the yellow Screwfix 11W LED which I have gone through three of in the past year due to them all having faulty switches. Will be getting a refund on my last yellow one and looking forward to this better quality light.
I read that the detachable battery pack has 'normal' off the shelf purchasable cells in it, and that it is easy to upgrade to higher amp-hour cells to make it last longer. Not had a look yet though. The Elwis unit looks well made so looking forward to using it.

I got this to use with my cordless batteries.

Not cheap, but very bright and lasts long enough to do a board change in a cubby hole lol

https://www.raygrahams.com/products...lhl37ypdjoxk7o1w1gia30lgl3faxglxocpuyqavd_bwe

Reply to Must have tool for Xmas in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net