Discuss My New Website.....1st Attempt! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

BigSi

-
Reaction score
Hi all. Just published a new website for my new business. This is the first time I’ve designed a website, so was wondering what you guys thought of it? Any comments and hints would be much appreciated.

Still having trouble getting Google to find it. Had a few customers say that they couldn’t find it (would only work by typing the full site address into the search bar)? :(

Dunsec Electrical Contractors

Have you submitted the site to google?

Also I would expect to click your company name at the header to return to the home page..

Plus some things i expect to be links arn't which can be a little confusing..

Have you thought about a section for landlords?

Something like this..

Guidance for Landlords - Electricraft

Looking good though :)

Thanks for the replys.

Plus some things i expect to be links arn't which can be a little confusing.

Which items do you think would need the links?

Im still getting used to the software, but I like the header/home idea. Also really like the Landlords section idea.

Hi all. Just published a new website for my new business. This is the first time I’ve designed a website, so was wondering what you guys thought of it? Any comments and hints would be much appreciated.

Still having trouble getting Google to find it. Had a few customers say that they couldn’t find it (would only work by typing the full site address into the search bar)? :(

Dunsec Electrical Contractors

Excellent for a 1st attempt, very clear and straight forward

Well on this page, the trustmark logo is a link, but not the other two..
http://www.dunsec.co.uk/part_p__trustmark.html

Whilst on this page, the trustmark isn't a link, nor the NICEIC,whilst the JIB and C&G are...
http://www.dunsec.co.uk/accreditations.html

just seem like a couple of irregularities.

Thanks for that, forgot to update the link box for the logos.:rolleyes: Im not sure what link to put for the Part P logo? The page I was going to use, now points to the ELECSA website.

Good site

Only one point on the accreditations page the city and guilds web address is wrong although the logo takes you to the right site

Maybe it could direct to your own page of reference, a little bit like mine does?

Part P - Electricraft

Thats a very nice looking website, I like it!:cool:

I could design my own 'Part P' page for the logo to link to, but have it as a hidden page (only accessible from the logo)?

Do we have a thread on here where we can add our own websites, or help for those designing there own?

nice site matey, clean and precise..

feel free to have a look at mine also and take ideas... (as im taking a few from you!!! :D:D:D )

already stolen

T&C and PayPal idea....!!! ;)

nice site matey, clean and precise..

feel free to have a look at mine also and take ideas... (as im taking a few from you!!! :D:D:D )

already stolen

T&C and PayPal idea....!!! ;)

:D:D You can also use my phone numbers if you want!lol! :D:D

Great website for your first attempt... I like the idea of being able to settle invoices online, how does that work?

I think I set-up a new PayPal account, and it generated a link that you could post onto your own website to take the customer to the start of the payment section on PayPals secure website.

I think PayPal take a little for each transaction, but if it makes it quicker and easier for the customer to pay, than so be it!

Do you have to inptut all your invoice numbers and the amount into paypal then as you generate them?

PS. have to admit i've also borrowed the T&Cs.

The customer writes their reference number in the box (or what ever system you use to track customers etc), then on the PayPal site a brief description of works carried out, and then inputs the amount as shown on the invoice. Then its pretty much the same as if you went through eBay to confirm the final payment.

ah ok I see, I thought they entered there ID number and paypal automatically brought up their invoice with how much they owe ect.

I think you have done really well,looks proffessional enough,i need to make my own website ut dont have a clue,did you have to pay for that one ase some are free but google does not list them.

You'll possibly have to buy your own webspace, and then get a load of free domains with it. I use 1and1, it costs about £60 per 6 months. We have three websites setup at the moment, and am working in the 4th.

Regarding the manufacturing of the website, we made it ourselves. My brother being the self taught web geek and I being the provider of content.

Electricraft Electrical Contractors

i would probably take out the bit about
“DIY electrics is one of the most dangerous jobs a non-qualified person can tackle.”
the reason there on your site is because they are looking for a sparky.
also when your letting them pay on paypal im not 100% sure how it work exactly but i thought it was like they give you money if you dont send them something back then they can claim there money back might cause some trouble.
but for a first attempt i think it looks good. hope the criticism helps :>
and by the way if you do need some help with it and willing to pay a small fee i know a good web designer.

Reply to My New Website.....1st Attempt! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net