Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss My tool case has died.. which do you recommend? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. happyhippydad

happyhippydad Member Electrician's Arms

I have been using my dewalt tote bag for the last few years. I liked it but I did find it a nuisance having to take everything out to get something at the bottom. I'm looking at the following 3 hard cases but the jet and jumbo are pretty steep in price, but they look great!

1. JUMBO 6700 – B&W International - http://www.b-w-international.com/product/jumbo-6700/

2. JET 6000 – B&W International - http://www.b-w-international.com/product/jet-6000/

3. DeWalt TSTAK Combination Tools & Fixings Storage Set - https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-tstak-combination-tools-fixings-storage-set/4744f#product_additional_details_container

Anyone used any of those 3 or any other cases you'd recommend?

Cheers.

2. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Why do you want a solid case? Wouldn't a soft case be a better bet with places to put hand tools neatly?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Simonslimline

Simonslimline Electrician's Arms

4. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

I must put this thread on ignore..............

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Dannyg8810

Dannyg8810 Electrician's Arms

CK tech bag is a good bag ,best bag iv ever had

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. GBDamo

GBDamo Regular EF Member

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Dave Jenkins

Dave Jenkins Therapy? Nah, motorcycles!

I've had lots of different cases and bags over the years including hard cases. Problem is hard cases are quite heavy to start with. Ok if your in one place but a real bind climbing stairs etc.
    Ive used a Stanley fat max bag for a couple of years now. Almost perfect and still good. Not too heavy even full of stuff.
    You have to be disciplined to put tools back in the right place but that's no bad thing...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SWD

You need a grab bag as well with the essentials in it and that it doesn't feel like you are carrying an Elephant up Mount Kilimanjaro.

The larger the bag/box you just fill it with more shite, my chore today is to empty the tool bag out and sort the carp out, I bet you any money I will ditch 3 screws and an old stanley knife I have just found that hasn't been used in 5 years...... and god only knows why I have a tap wrench still in the bag.

IMG_1796.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    " MY TOOLCASE HAS DIED. WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

a christian service, followed by cremation, then a damn good pi$$up.

"

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i have this for industrial works.
    [​IMG]and a selection of CK magmas, stanley boxes, totes, and tool belts for house bash, etc.

11. KEV 1 N

KEV 1 N Regular EF Member

There's a couple of sparks at our place use these (when empty and clean:rolleyes:) image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. SWD

Thats Paedo level though.......... I bet the van is clad out in ply and every compartment is labeled and the exterior washed every week.

13. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    hmm.got ply and steel shelving i made last year. boxes are labelled with sharpie, but inaccurately, as some thigs just get chucked in available space. had van over 2 years, washed it once, when local dog charity had a freebie on.

14. SWD

This thread has motivated me to clear my shite out and it seems that I have a pencil and tape fetish. Jeeeeez so much [email protected] its unbelievable........
    From this small bag came all of this,

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    all that and a pair of flip-flops.i really do despair sometimes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. happyhippydad

Cheers guys,

I may have a rethink. A couple of the threads have made me think do I really need a hard case!
    I had a look at the screwfix one dewalt Tstak today and didn't like it as the bottom compartments are just full of small compartments which I already have.

17. SWD

Oi, Birkenstock's for chilling around in the house or walking to the off licence ;o))))

• Like Like x 1
  18. SWD

Two soft cases if need be, one with your day to day essentials then the other one for the not so essential tools and then a plastic magic bucket filled with screws, nuts, bolts, rawl plugs. fluffy dust and anything else that you may think will be useful but you won't touch in 10 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. polo1

polo1 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    GW Electrical & Security
    The CK Magma Tec case is more robust than it looks & has good storage.
    Although a bit on the heavy side when full, I do like my Veto PAC; worth every penny!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

21. happyhippydad

Hi Polo,
    Both of those look good. What model PAC do you have?

22. a-z electrics

a-z electrics Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    A-Z Electrics
    Veto bag, there are several to choose from.. expensive but you won't need to buy another ever. I use the Pro Tech-XL
    20171111_195458.jpg 20171111_195518.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  23. SWD

The hammer fibreglass handled, Stahwille pipe grips and some of those screwdrivers I have had since the 1980's before tool tarting was invented. I have other stuff hidden away in the loft that for some on here would make them reach for the Kleenex tissues........

The earth tape is about from then as well lol.

• Like Like x 1
  24. polo1

polo1 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    GW Electrical & Security
    Tech XL. As has been said, you won't have to buy another bag ( unless it gets nicked!). If money is tight the Magma is a good buy.

25. happyhippydad

Cheers both.

Is there much of a difference between the tech XL and the XL apart from a few extra pockets?

26. a-z electrics

Business Name:
    A-Z Electrics
    Not sure, check out their website but a good idea to have the veto for essentials and another sort for general purpose ie wrenches, crimp tools etc.

27. a-z electrics

Business Name:
    A-Z Electrics
    I have an old CK magna for this, they're quite good but not a patch on the veto..
    I know most people will see the price of veto bags and switch off very quickly but I reckon they more than pay for themselves in the amount of time they save you over many years of being able to access your most used tools very quickly ie drivers, cutters, stripper etc. They also protect your tools better thus lengthening their life..

• Like Like x 1
  28. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    so, concensus is that veto bags are equivalent to titanium and kevlar underpants. protect your tool.

29. a-z electrics

Business Name:
    A-Z Electrics
    Ha ha, yes that's about right.. one must protect ones valuables :)
    Just had a look and yes I think the tech XL has more pockets, same size as XL but £29 extra. Then again, it's all tax deductible..
    Beesley tool shop is probably best bet if you want one . Christmas coming up..
    I'm so impressed with them I bought the smaller one too, MC I think, and still haven't used it.

30. sparksfly

sparksfly EF Member

I use Lboxx variety and really useful clear boxes you can see everything at the bottom

31. happyhippydad

A big thankyou to the replies.
    I was all set to get a hard case which I think would have been a mistake.
    The pro pac XL seems very good but only time will tell, very happy at the moment though.
    I'll still utilise the dewalt tote for some of the more bulky items, but they'll be far easier to get to and I won't have to take out half a dozen bits to get to what I wanted which did occasionally pxxs me off at the end of the day. Plus it was pretty damn heavy!

Before.
    20171114_155226.jpg

After
    20171114_171622.jpg 20171114_171629.jpg

Cheers chaps... one happy worker:)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 5:44 PM
  32. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

Very good purchase there, when I got mine about 3 years ago the only regret I had was I didn't get one sooner!

33. NDG Elecs

NDG Elecs Electrician's Arms

I have been tempted by the veto gear, only thing stopping me is the lack of a nice big pocket (for loads of Wagos) and space to put some Ikea plastic cases I use in them. Seems to me they are very good but could maybe do without as many vertical pockets as they do have, to allow a bit of open space. That's the OT XL I am taking about by the way. If I saw one in the flesh maybe I would change my mind...

34. rolyberkin

rolyberkin Electrician's Arms

As a lad I used to be a wet pants mate during the summer holidays and all the plumbers all used black buckets as tool totes, brings back some memories.

35. lurch

lurch Electrician's Arms

36. lurch

lurch Electrician's Arms

I have
    I have one and yes pricey but well made. Like all tool bags after not much time they get cluttered.