Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss My tool case has died.. which do you recommend? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. happyhippydad

happyhippydad Member Electrician's Arms

I have been using my dewalt tote bag for the last few years. I liked it but I did find it a nuisance having to take everything out to get something at the bottom. I'm looking at the following 3 hard cases but the jet and jumbo are pretty steep in price, but they look great!

1. JUMBO 6700 – B&W International - http://www.b-w-international.com/product/jumbo-6700/

2. JET 6000 – B&W International - http://www.b-w-international.com/product/jet-6000/

3. DeWalt TSTAK Combination Tools & Fixings Storage Set - https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-tstak-combination-tools-fixings-storage-set/4744f#product_additional_details_container

Anyone used any of those 3 or any other cases you'd recommend?

Cheers.

2. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Why do you want a solid case? Wouldn't a soft case be a better bet with places to put hand tools neatly?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Simonslimline

Simonslimline Electrician's Arms

4. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

I must put this thread on ignore..............

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. Dannyg8810

Dannyg8810 Electrician's Arms

CK tech bag is a good bag ,best bag iv ever had

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. GBDamo

GBDamo Regular EF Member

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Dave Jenkins

Dave Jenkins Therapy? Nah, motorcycles!

I've had lots of different cases and bags over the years including hard cases. Problem is hard cases are quite heavy to start with. Ok if your in one place but a real bind climbing stairs etc.
    Ive used a Stanley fat max bag for a couple of years now. Almost perfect and still good. Not too heavy even full of stuff.
    You have to be disciplined to put tools back in the right place but that's no bad thing...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SWD

You need a grab bag as well with the essentials in it and that it doesn't feel like you are carrying an Elephant up Mount Kilimanjaro.

The larger the bag/box you just fill it with more shite, my chore today is to empty the tool bag out and sort the carp out, I bet you any money I will ditch 3 screws and an old stanley knife I have just found that hasn't been used in 5 years...... and god only knows why I have a tap wrench still in the bag.

IMG_1796.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    " MY TOOLCASE HAS DIED. WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

a christian service, followed by cremation, then a damn good pi$$up.

"

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i have this for industrial works.
    [​IMG]and a selection of CK magmas, stanley boxes, totes, and tool belts for house bash, etc.

11. KEV 1 N

KEV 1 N Regular EF Member

There's a couple of sparks at our place use these (when empty and clean:rolleyes:) image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. SWD

Thats Paedo level though.......... I bet the van is clad out in ply and every compartment is labeled and the exterior washed every week.

13. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    hmm.got ply and steel shelving i made last year. boxes are labelled with sharpie, but inaccurately, as some thigs just get chucked in available space. had van over 2 years, washed it once, when local dog charity had a freebie on.

14. SWD

This thread has motivated me to clear my shite out and it seems that I have a pencil and tape fetish. Jeeeeez so much [email protected] its unbelievable........
    From this small bag came all of this,

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    all that and a pair of flip-flops.i really do despair sometimes.

• Funny Funny x 1