Discuss My tool case has died.. which do you recommend? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have been using my dewalt tote bag for the last few years. I liked it but I did find it a nuisance having to take everything out to get something at the bottom. I'm looking at the following 3 hard cases but the jet and jumbo are pretty steep in price, but they look great!

1. JUMBO 6700 – B&W International - http://www.b-w-international.com/product/jumbo-6700/

2. JET 6000 – B&W International - http://www.b-w-international.com/product/jet-6000/

3. DeWalt TSTAK Combination Tools & Fixings Storage Set - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/dewalt-tstak-combination-tools-fixings-storage-set/4744f#product_additional_details_container

Anyone used any of those 3 or any other cases you'd recommend?

Cheers.

I've had lots of different cases and bags over the years including hard cases. Problem is hard cases are quite heavy to start with. Ok if your in one place but a real bind climbing stairs etc.
Ive used a Stanley fat max bag for a couple of years now. Almost perfect and still good. Not too heavy even full of stuff.
You have to be disciplined to put tools back in the right place but that's no bad thing...

You need a grab bag as well with the essentials in it and that it doesn't feel like you are carrying an Elephant up Mount Kilimanjaro.

The larger the bag/box you just fill it with more rubbish, my chore today is to empty the tool bag out and sort the carp out, I bet you any money I will ditch 3 screws and an old stanley knife I have just found that hasn't been used in 5 years...... and god only knows why I have a tap wrench still in the bag.

IMG_1796.JPG

i have this for industrial works.
shopping
and a selection of CK magmas, stanley boxes, totes, and tool belts for house bash, etc.

i have this for industrial works.
shopping
and a selection of CK magmas, stanley boxes, totes, and tool belts for house bash, etc.
Thats Paedo level though.......... I bet the van is clad out in ply and every compartment is labeled and the exterior washed every week.

Thats Paedo level though.......... I bet the van is clad out in ply and every compartment is labeled and the exterior washed every week.
hmm.got ply and steel shelving i made last year. boxes are labelled with sharpie, but inaccurately, as some thigs just get chucked in available space. had van over 2 years, washed it once, when local dog charity had a freebie on.

This thread has motivated me to clear my rubbish out and it seems that I have a pencil and tape fetish. Jeeeeez so much cr@p its unbelievable........
From this small bag came all of this,

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

all that and a pair of flip-flops.i really do despair sometimes.

Cheers guys,

I may have a rethink. A couple of the threads have made me think do I really need a hard case!
I had a look at the screwfix one dewalt Tstak today and didn't like it as the bottom compartments are just full of small compartments which I already have.

Cheers guys,

I may have a rethink. A couple of the threads have made me think do I really need a hard case!
I had a look at the screwfix one dewalt Tstak today and didn't like it as the bottom compartments are just full of small compartments which I already have.
Two soft cases if need be, one with your day to day essentials then the other one for the not so essential tools and then a plastic magic bucket filled with screws, nuts, bolts, rawl plugs. fluffy dust and anything else that you may think will be useful but you won't touch in 10 years.

Reply to My tool case has died.. which do you recommend? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net