Discuss My tool case has died.. which do you recommend? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The CK Magma Tec case is more robust than it looks & has good storage.
Although a bit on the heavy side when full, I do like my Veto PAC; worth every penny!

Hi Polo,
Both of those look good. What model PAC do you have?

Veto bag, there are several to choose from.. expensive but you won't need to buy another ever. I use the Pro Tech-XL
20171111_195458.jpg 20171111_195518.jpg

SSWD you aint a tool tart then??
The hammer fibreglass handled, Stahwille pipe grips and some of those screwdrivers I have had since the 1980's before tool tarting was invented. I have other stuff hidden away in the loft that for some on here would make them reach for the Kleenex tissues........

The earth tape is about from then as well lol.

I have an old CK magna for this, they're quite good but not a patch on the veto..
I know most people will see the price of veto bags and switch off very quickly but I reckon they more than pay for themselves in the amount of time they save you over many years of being able to access your most used tools very quickly ie drivers, cutters, stripper etc. They also protect your tools better thus lengthening their life..

I have an old CK magna for this, they're quite good but not a patch on the veto..
I know most people will see the price of veto bags and switch off very quickly but I reckon they more than pay for themselves in the amount of time they save you over many years of being able to access your most used tools very quickly ie drivers, cutters, stripper etc. They also protect your tools better thus lengthening their life..
so, concensus is that veto bags are equivalent to titanium and kevlar underpants. protect your tool.

Ha ha, yes that's about right.. one must protect ones valuables :)
Just had a look and yes I think the tech XL has more pockets, same size as XL but £29 extra. Then again, it's all tax deductible..
Beesley tool shop is probably best bet if you want one . Christmas coming up..
I'm so impressed with them I bought the smaller one too, MC I think, and still haven't used it.

A big thankyou to the replies.
I was all set to get a hard case which I think would have been a mistake.
The pro pac XL seems very good but only time will tell, very happy at the moment though.
I'll still utilise the dewalt tote for some of the more bulky items, but they'll be far easier to get to and I won't have to take out half a dozen bits to get to what I wanted which did occasionally pxxs me off at the end of the day. Plus it was pretty damn heavy!

Before.
20171114_155226.jpg

After
20171114_171622.jpg 20171114_171629.jpg

Cheers chaps... one happy worker:)

Last edited:
Very good purchase there, when I got mine about 3 years ago the only regret I had was I didn't get one sooner!

I have been tempted by the veto gear, only thing stopping me is the lack of a nice big pocket (for loads of Wagos) and space to put some Ikea plastic cases I use in them. Seems to me they are very good but could maybe do without as many vertical pockets as they do have, to allow a bit of open space. That's the OT XL I am taking about by the way. If I saw one in the flesh maybe I would change my mind...

I have been tempted by the veto gear, only thing stopping me is the lack of a nice big pocket (for loads of Wagos) and space to put some Ikea plastic cases I use in them. Seems to me they are very good but could maybe do without as many vertical pockets as they do have, to allow a bit of open space. That's the OT XL I am taking about by the way. If I saw one in the flesh maybe I would change my mind...

I have to agree there. I have spare vertical pockets and cant really put any larger items in it. However, the whole idea was to make it a bit lighter and I now use my tote to hold the drills, lump hammer chisel etc which I can now easily get to as all the other bits are in the veto.

I love the veto! This is going to sound sad, but It actually feels good to open and close it and put in/take out the tools, probably because its done with such ease, but also because I know its such good quality.

My friend who has the Jet6000 hard case and advised me to buy one has actually now bought one of the veto's! :)

I use a Dewalt tote. Plenty of elasticated sections all round the inside in various sizes to fit plenty of stuff, pockets and pouches all around the outside too, for various tools and such, one end has a drill bit pouch and a clip for your tap measure above.

Open at the top means easy access at all times and with stuff around the edges you can see what’s in the bottom.

Comes with a shoulder strap too.

Though I really liked the rucksack tool bag that @Pete999 postedva video of last week.
Really looked like a good practical and user friendly option.

I've been worse than a woman and her handbags when it came to tool boxes and organisers, until I got this FatMax tool case https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-19...8&qid=1511636494&sr=1-13&keywords=fatmax+tool
It's been great, I've got all my tools in it, and when it's worn out if ever, I'll get another one.

I also have one of those TSTAK boxes for my hammer drill and power driver, with all the fixings in the drawers underneath but it's rubbish. The contents of the drawers move from one compartment to another, and if you put it on a trolley and leant it, they'll really get mixed up.

HTH

Reply to My tool case has died.. which do you recommend? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net