Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss mybuilder.co.uk, ratedpeople.com who is good value? in the Business Related area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. antony73993

antony73993 EF Member

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a website that provides job leads I have used rated people and myworkman but I never get a response from the customer and often if we call them the numbers don't work. I don't mind spending the money even if we don't get the job I just want the opportunity to submit a quote to the customer. All the sites I have used seem to be a bit of a con has anyone else experienced this or have I just been unlike thus far

Thanks in advance for your comments

2. philip962

philip962 Guest

They are a con steer clear fake numbers or fake jobs then they give you a refund which is a fake job or fake number letter drop is better and more usefull

3. BluSparx

BluSparx Guest

How much is CheckaTrade - just checked and their are no sparkies covering my area, thinking of getting in there first

4. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

mybuilder.com ratedpeople.com

5. simonatlondon

simonatlondon Guest

I have tried rated people recently as an introductory offer of a tenner for 1st quarter as opposed to £40. fake number and these are the type of people whom want a cheap deal. Not my cup of tea. I understand from the customers point of view for getting a truseted tradesman in, as we do have bad reps due to the cowboys, but sites like these don't provide a representation of any true quality of a mans quality in the work place. The best advertising is my own work and word of mouth. Not paying for a bloody lead again. a big 2 up to you rated people.

6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i,ve had good and bad from rated people. on thew whole, it's a decent source of work, but you have to be selective on which leads you buy. e.g. one lead i was offered was for a pir and fire alarm inspection, client's budget was under £100. no way, jose. on the other hand i got a CU change for £450.

7. SDELEC

SDELEC Guest

for more feedback on rated people check out moneysaving expert.com. Theres some very unhappy tradesmans opinions on there!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.