Discuss Mysterious socket type...?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have come across the socket in a bathroom, and have attached a couple of images. I think it is for a heated towel rail as there is a label in the fuse box. Any one know what type of socket it is? What type of units fit it? Looks like a USB plug in??!

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give, much appreciated.

Paul

15275006039201927162147.jpg

1527500787997434688939.jpg

Hi all,

I have come across the socket in a bathroom, and have attached a couple of images. I think it is for a heated towel rail as there is a label in the fuse box. Any one know what type of socket it is? What type of units fit it? Looks like a USB plug in??!

Paul

View attachment 42498

View attachment 42499
Switched, Fused Flex outlet plate looks like it's Brushed Aluminium
The hole is a flex entry exit hole, it's not a socket.

There shouldn't be a switch in a bathroom, unless its a really big one.
The rectangular slot is for using a screwdriver to lever out the fuse holder.
Replace with an unswitched fused connection unit if you're going to use it again.
Or better still, ask an electrician to do it.

There shouldn't be a switch in a bathroom, unless its a really big one.
The rectangular slot is for using a screwdriver to lever out the fuse holder.
Replace with an unswitched fused connection unit if you're going to use it again.
Or better still, ask an electrician to do it.

Not sure I agree with that ............ zones play a large part in this...

just opened BS7671. can't find any reg.mentioning mere inches, several threads have mentioned the fact that the regs. should be written in plain english. a meter is for measuring current/voltage/ohms, or for putting shillings in.:D:D:D.

True. That's why I said unless its a big one.
I was laughing at your original post, i thought you only meant large switches are allowed in a bathroom!
Anyway, the rolr is 0.6m from the shower or bath so you can't use it while you're in the shower. Sockets, on the other hand have a 3m limit partly duedue to the flex length taken into account.
You always need to take account of the environment where you're installing things.

Hi all,

Paul

View attachment 42498

View attachment 42499
An unused fused connection unit, for a heater or the likes

Reply to Mysterious socket type...?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net