Discuss Name that brand! Double socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello all,

I am replacing a faulty socket on a job tomorrow. The client has sent me a photo of the offending article and was wondering if any one could name the brand. I’m sure I have fitted them before as I recognise the rounded corners on the switches but can’t for the life of me remember which brand they are. I would like to pick one up tonight to save me the aggro of having to make two trips to site tomorrow (parking restrictions start at 9 so want to be long gone by then!). Photo attached.

Thank you

5C050C0E-589A-473A-8826-BD8502BF95ED.png

If it is a customer diagnosis It may not be the socket .
As @SWD. above take a few just in case the job develops .

I think they are BG too.

I think the exact reason why it is deemed to be faulty,takes precedent over any aesthetics.
Could be faulty on using one type of appliance,and that's because they are all, reverse polarity - could be the first socket someone has tested with a plug-in-tester,and your customer has a cabin,on a small generator...

Take a BG sample,and hope it is not the only socket in that room,on a spur from the outside light circuit;)

(The examples in this post,have been taken from real-world situations - the names have been omitted,to protect the innocent :p)

Sorry for the late response, it was a bg after all!

A combination of loose neutral connection and the socket being closest to the clients usual ironing position had lead to some discolouration and distortion of the socket.

Checked polarity and terminals in all the other readily accessible sockets in the kitchen, even put them back level, guess the previous spark or tile fitter didn’t have a spirit level!

Thank you for your input.

7D2E319C-3B54-42DE-9B3B-19600D76C4FD.jpeg

Reply to Name that brand! Double socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net