Discuss Napit Approved Inspector? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i had the same q, and i was told that this enables third party testing and inpection ( signing off others installation s providing you are present for first and second fix ) ...dont quote me on it though .....

you get added to the list of contractors, that the local authority call on to test and certificate work carried out by a third party not registered

Due to the utter shambles that was made with the introduction of part pants,the schemes made some overtures ,to the total lack of interest building control association, they agreed a framework for test and inspection of diy and non registered sparks notified work (because labc dont have the skill) that was one of their excuses for not enforcing the nonsense

Registered electricians were to have the lucrative labc contracted work and duly paid £ 25 for the privelege of being an approved inspector

The scheme was open to registered sparks who hold the 2391 and had done an apprenticeship or such
The 2391 would have to be gained in the last 5 years ( labc stipulation)

The initiative never got off the ground,in fact it never even raised its --- one bit

It was a Napit and Niceic initiative,but the great majority of the registered inspectors were Napit,because the Niceic has far fewer members with the 2391
Most if not all have just wasted their money because labc have yet to show any interest whatsoever in part p and are unlikely to do so in the future

Why people come on here worrying about how to get registered and the cost of notifying work that is needed for assessment puzzles me,none of them give a damn whether you notify them or not

what des is saying is that if you keep your heads down, do a good job, then the worst that can happen is you get a slap on the wrist for not notifying LABC. there has not been 1 case of prosecution for not notifying unless there has been a disaster.

Reply to Napit Approved Inspector? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net