NAPIT Certification Scheme Napit Assesment

Discuss Napit Assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mark2009

Had a call from Napit for my second year assesment, i cannot find private work but was told i can show a PIR on my own home!! more money to get my meter Calibrated which we dont have.

I was better off without Part P I looked at a job the other day this guy had done he gave a certificate on the green sheets, he broke no law, as the job was done and tested to the British Standards. Was he part p.

Today i work for an agency and the money is **** paying 30% tax as my UTR NUMBER has been revoked why? i dont know, told by HMRC they are revoking all the old UTR NUMBERS.

And Napit think i can wave a magic wand and things will be fine.

I sick of theses sharks i told them to cancel my assesment my family come first before part p

Thanks

Mark

I have a lot of sympathy with your views
I am a member,reluctantly but can afford it fortunately

It has always angered me that having trained for years, an electrician then has to pay out vast sums of money, to enable us to do the job we sacrificed for and are trained for

With the lack of enforcement of part p and its disregard by many (my spark mates included)
I suspect it could be ignored and have little impact on you, at least until things pick up for you
If I were in your situation,my priorities would also be to stick 2 fingers up at the rubbish

Look after whats important and good luck

The calibration doesn't need to be done annually,thats just one method
Take some readings with your meters and make up a backdated list of monthly checks "that you took"
The readings which would be fairly consistent are a record that gives compliance with requirements
Make up a socket at your mains that can be used for e/loop and rcd,that would probably satisfy the assessor if you wanted to go ahead

I have a lot of sympathy with your views
I am a member,reluctantly but can afford it fortunately

It has always angered me that having trained for years, an electrician then has to pay out vast sums of money, to enable us to do the job we sacrificed for and are trained for

With the lack of enforcement of part p and its disregard by many (my spark mates included)
I suspect it could be ignored and have little impact on you, at least until things pick up for you
If I were in your situation,my priorities would also be to stick 2 fingers up at the rubbish

Look after whats important and good luck

The calibration doesn't need to be done annually,thats just one method
Take some readings with your meters and make up a backdated list of monthly checks "that you took"
The readings which would be fairly consistent are a record that gives compliance with requirements
Make up a socket at your mains that can be used for e/loop and rcd,that would probably satisfy the assessor if you wanted to go ahead

Hi
Sent letter and await outcome, i feel the country is crashing again and all sparks i work with feel the same, i was working in London 4 weeks ago 1050 people on site 800 from eastern Europe say no more, Ardmore Construction.

Being an electrician was once a good trade but all you need today is the minimum requirement 17th what a joke, electricity can kill. But i am going to stand up to Napit, from what i get from Napit they are having big troubles with the assesments.

Thanks

Mark

what's the trouble with assessments, mate?

Reply to Napit Assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net