Discuss napit site assesment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

yido81

ive got my site assesment from napit this coming tuesday by someone called david scully, was just wondering what sort of stuff i will be asked about during the visit, as for some reason im getting a little nervous!!

if anyone can help, much appreciated

Hi Mate,

I have my one, on next Friday.. They sent me a mail, what they want to see, so I just started organising the things.
Most of the things are ok, my problems are section 8 to 12.
You know this things ?
Like section 8:
"Record of complaints"
If my company is a startup co. then this can be an empty folder with a label "record of complaints" ?
Or is there any form, for this ?

Section10
"Waste disposal policy statment"
Again: Do you know any form doc. for this ?

Section 4, 11-12
Same question..

Best regards,
Tom

A lot of the admin tools that you have to possess are stipulated by the government
They are procedures that are required for entry to the schemes
They have little or no relevance to a one man band and are just that,
bits of paper that you must have

The waste disposal policy is regarding the carrying and licensing for that purpose
My waste disposal policy is that I dont carry waste
It is left with the client for them to dispose of
You will be expected to use contracts for your jobs where the customer signs for the conditions that you both agree and waste disposal could be included in that

These systems are a statement of what your policy is and how it is carried out
Same with health and safety or any other nonsenses that you require

You can download these from the napit web site I believe

I've also recently applied to NAPIT, I received an invoice £552 yesterday but that was all that came. When should I expect more information?

Cheers.

Hi,

I sent my application form last week Wednesday, This week Tuesday I got a call, from Napit about the assessment. They told me if I'm ok with next week Friday, then that's the date of my assessment.
Next day (Wednesday), I got a e-mail, with "Office/Onsite Technical Assessment: -Check-list"

(I sent my application form with next day delivery, and I was applying for the "fast track" scheme.

What are you doing for work inspection ?

Best regards,
Tom

Ok, I sent mine off last week (2nd class, had stamps and in no rush)! Only had invoice today, dated 4 days ago, no email or calls as of yet. I'm in the middle of a 3 bed house rewire, which also has a new garage/bedroom/utility room/downstairs toilet extension which I hope to use. I'm doing this 'outside' of my full time job and the builders still need to put windows & ceilings in etc. but I hope to have it all polished off and ready ASAP.

A quick question to anybody who cares to educate- I have wired an independant smoke/heat detector circuit.The circuit has its own MCB, covered by one of the (two) 30mA RCDs- with other circuits (down sockets, up lights etc.). Would it be better to have the smokes doubled up with a lighting circuit, or leave them as they are on their own, if either is acceptable.

On pg 66. of the OSG "Where all circuits are protected by RCDs there is advantage in supplying fire detectors and alarms from regularly used lighting circuits"- I guess this just means if everything has its own RCBO.

I had a call from my local NAPIT assessor this morning, asking if this morning was too short notice for my assessment! My job isn't ready, so the assessment will be some time during the week or next weekend. I have not had any other information (only an invoice) from NAPIT, I was wondering if you could post the details of your email or foreward them on to me if I give you my email address? It would be very much appreciated! Thanks

hi all, sorry ive not got back to people, i had a great start, first of all i sent all my stuff off recorded post and it got lost, then when i finally got a site date i was ill so had to cancel, so fingers crossed it goes well this time! tom, section 8: a mate of mine said he just had a little book with complaints written on it and explained what he would do if one occured, which was to give the customer details of the scheme his registered with and tell them! section 10: simple, just say that you agree with the customer before hand that they will be responcible for the desposal of any rubbish, just leave it all bagged up for them!

and hi tuckermot yeah im in sunny clacton, hoping he wont be with me for to long, im fine with everything, but a little nervous bout the testing!!

hey tuckermot how did you get on? that dave scully bloke was very friendly and helpful, went well, despite my mind going bank at one point on the testing :)

HI yido81
yes assesment went well all done and dusted !!:)

Tests

ze

pfc

figure of 8 ( sockets) to confirm ring and polarity

insullation resistance @ 250 to just check every thing is disconnected then buzzed 500 v

zs measurement (test meter) zs using calculation calculation zs=ze+(r1+r2) to back up meter

rcd testing @ x1/2 x1 x5 rated of rcd

17th edition questions

tea and toast

Last edited:
yep, done the same, except when i got to the rcd testing for some unknow reason, my mind just switched off!! so did he say that you'll get your stuff through in about 2 weeks?

2 days left for me..
I'm nearly finished with everything, only this "quality Manual" section which is not 100% clear..

How about the Health and safety policy statement ? "Example available from NAPIT website"
I don't find it.. :S

11. Details and Evidence of monitoring of sub-contract staff
12. Records of instrument hire

If I'm not working with subcontractors, then I don't need to have this,
or an empty folder is enough ?
Same question with the hiring..

How long was your assessment ?

Best regards,
T0M4

i got my checklist from napit in the post today, got my assessment with david scully nex week. on the checklist it says copies of issued certificates, how many am i supposed to show them? any info would be great thanks.

I had my assessment on Friday.
I think this check list is same every year.
So if this is the first assessment for you, then you couldn't have more than one..

For me Section 8-12 was problematic, but Mr. Graham was explaining these as well, and wasn't problem,
that I didn't have any proper solutions for these sections. These "quality manuals" will be important later.. (I think..)

Good luck! ;)

Best regards,
Tom

Just had my Napit assessment with Dave Scully, very friendly guy. Went through all the paperwork, manuals etc, it's well worth having everything ready to speed up the assessment. Then went on to do some testing, Ze, PFC, Fianl ring test, RCD test, expalin Zs etc. After that he fired off some regs and Part P questions, its worth brushing up before hand. All went well for me and passed. Dave explains everything very clearly RE: how Napit work, ceretifiactes, technicial help etc, and is an excellent assessor.

Reply to napit site assesment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net