Discuss napit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just like any other, I've been assessed by both NICEIC and Napit, if you know your beans there's nothing to worry about. They're there to help you, not hinder you. One thing to bear in mind though, Napit require you to have 2391 or their equivalent (NA2391). You can still register without it, but I think you have a year to gain it, that is of course if you don't already have it ;)

agee with volt been with both nic and now napit - to be honest theyre all the same, once you paid you never hear from them again

just to add my 10 pence worth, I've been with elecsa for 3 years, they're good too. Tech line is very helpful, assesments (provided you are organised) go as smooth as silk.

Hi
Problem is no one wants to no napit, good contracts always go for NIC electricians been with napit one year and zero jobs, signed up for this year with napit wish I had not now looking to move to NIC

Best Regards

Mark

Hi
Problem is no one wants to no napit, good contracts always go for NIC electricians been with napit one year and zero jobs

Hi Mark, what do you mean by that?
I assume you mean you've lost certain jobs by not being NICEIC?
Simply joining a scheme provider will not make your phone ring.

Hi
If you knock on doors ie orbit housing one name to say, they will not work with NAPIT and 90% of all companies are the same i have been told get NIC REG and we can work together.

You cannot rely on just private houses to earn money today Napit might be easy to work with but how much money to Napit electricians earn each week compared to an NIC reg guy.

In my area people don't want to pay everything thing so cheap you have to tell them to P... O..

Thanks

Mark

It is, quite rightly, the clients decision to stipulate criteria for contractor selection.
The problem is, the NICEIC is the most well-known scheme.

In those situations, you should inform NAPIT and they will speak to the client, explaining the wider alternatives of scheme providers.

If you don't, things will never change and the NICEIC end up controlling more than they already do.

Has anyone had any luck with a scheme provider 'educating' a potential client? Let us know if you have!

Yes I have. An insurance company wanted a PIR doing on an industrial unit that we maintain. Carried out a full inspection and test and issued the PIR. Insurance company rejected it because they wanted an NICEIC certificate. It took a bit of doing, ELECSA got involved and I had to fax my 2391 etc etc to the insurance company also the section in the regs where it says "a competant person should carry out Inspection and Testing" but eventually they were OK with it, and they had no problems in us carrying out work for them in the future!

Only recently joined full scope on Napit. They have been very helpful and easy to deal with:)
Assessor was top guy, really friendly.
250 250 thats the picture i was going to post as my moniker just as well i didnt as you were a member be fore me
oh well ill find another.

Hi lads,

I actually Rang NAPIT today to arrnage my first assessment as im brand shiny new to this electrician business as i only qualified about 3 weeks ago with:

City & Guilds (2382) – 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations (Level 3)

Logic Full Scope Electrical Part P Scheme

City & Guilds (2392) Certificate in Fundamental Inspection and Testing and Initial Verification

Logic Certification Domestic Periodic Inspection and Testing Award

these qulifications, so ill soon find out who useful they all prove to be! :D

However, NAPIT told me for the first year the cost inc. VAT is ÂŁ564 or thereabouts and that will then drop subsequently in later years to 390 plus VAT so about 460 each year thereafter. Which i belive is about on par with ELECSA and dramatically cheaper then NICEIC who I have heard nothing but bad things about.

Any advice on getting on my feet would be hugely apprecaited guys!

Ta​

Reply to napit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net