Discuss Napit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sedgy34

Called them today about being a GDA they said yes you will need to register to do that £400 so my question is does anyone know if you have to be registered for this and is it compulsary

I thought that if you wanted to be a GDA then you needed to do a lot of training which went into £0000's?

If you are with NAPIT then you will be automatically allowed to be a GD Installer for the technologies you are MCS accredited for, but you have to formally let them know this.

The reason I thought that GDA was so expensive is because I was lead to believe that it is an intensive course, as you have to know about all of the energy saving measures and be able to calculate their effectiveness, and that the course ran for much longer than a day....i could be wrong though.

NAPIT's GDA training is described here - Green Deal Advisor Course

Looks like lots of places still available. 3 to 7 days depending on where you are starting from.

Option 1 (Unskilled) - Covering 7 days (classroom based), this ‘full’ course is designed for those with no prior knowledge of renewable technologies, electrical or heating work, who do not possess a Domestic Energy Assessors (DEA) qualification.

Option 2 (Skilled, no heating experience) – Covering 5 days (classroom based), this option is for anyone who does not possess a Domestic Energy Assessors (DEA) qualification, is a qualified Electrician, MCS Installer, and/or AC Engineer, but has no experience of the heating measures covered under the Green Deal.

Option 3 (Skilled, heating experience) – Covering 4 days (classroom based), this option is for anyone who does not possess a Domestic Energy Assessors (DEA) qualification, and is a qualified Gas Engineer, MCS Installer, and/or AC Engineer as well as having prior experience of the heating measures covered under the Green Deal.

Option 4 (DEA/Charted Engineer) – Covering 3 days ((classroom based), this option is for qualified Domestic Energy Assessors and/or Chartered Engineers.
The course will involve some in-house training, some home study and give you all of the knowledge you will need to produce Energy Performance Certificates and Occupancy assessments, the findings of which will be used to compile Green Deal Advice reports.

Yes the course is £1300 6 days training to get GDA then £400 with Napit to be a Registered GDA cash flow seems to be a problem whilst not much installs happening

British Gas are only charging the customer £99 - so difficult to see that the GDA will get much more than half of that. Unless there are going to be some 'invisible commissions' being paid for customers who do sign up.

First step is to become a DEA domestic energy adviser cost me £1200
Step two become a GDA cost me another £1300

you can prob do both of these in 5-7 day course for about £1600 now , but course work if you hit it hard every day you could do in about 3-4 weeks thats if your not busy and doing that alone.

third step is to become a accredited GDA from napit etc

cost me about £500.00

I am doing it via napit they only have two assessers at moment and only 4 people who have signed up to become GDA me being one of them.

so its not cheap I have took the gamble etc etc etc ..... only time will tell......

Is it any wonder there has only been small interest in being a GDA at those prices? I am sure not many will gamble on the green deal working, I sincerely hope it does if only for the people that have invested in training for it. But based on the RHI and FIT review handling by DECC forgive me if I am a little skeptical at the moment

Reply to Napit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net