Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss narrow CUs? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. brman

brman Guest

I'm changing a consumer unit but have limited space - 390mm wide maximum.

At the moment my plan is
    RCBO->garage
    RCB-1->5 circuits
    RCB-2->4 circuits

So I can get away with a 10 way but it would be nice to have some spare so at least 12 way is preferred.

The best I have come up with is a Wylex NHRS10SSLHI high integrity 10 way at 340mm wide. Does anyone know of something with more ways within the 370mm constraint?

2. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Why don't you go RCBO for all the circuits - that would save you space

3. Plonker 3

Plonker 3 Guest

• Like Like x 1
  4. brman

brman Guest

To be honest, just cost. That would push it to over £250 compared to the £100ish for the 10 way wylex.

• Like Like x 1
  5. brman

brman Guest

6. Dean Williams

Dean Williams Electrician's Arms

contactum consumer units are quite narrow

7. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    what's the height restriction? nothing amiss with fitting CU on end.

8. brman

brman Guest

I'll have another look at contactum stuff but for some reason I discounted it. Perhaps because what I found was 16way units that are too long.

A good point, however the space is roughly square so I don't think it would help me much.

I did find a MK 12 way that would just fit but it now looks like I might now be able to add the cost of a split RCB/RCBOs which gives me a lot more choice and a more robust system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.