Discuss nearly killed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

His brother is a solicitor but he is a bit worried about the blacklash if he takes it further

Obviously his brother is not a solicitor. If he was he would know what to do and how to do it and would be advising his brother accordingly.
This chap escaped electrocution by a whisker an he's worried about a bit of 'backlash'!! Some people are just plain stupid !!

He and his family are in hotel from tonight , landlords paying for it and he's told me he won't move back in until its sorted

And about time too! That's seriously shocking behaviour initially by the Landlord (yes, pun is NOT intended, before anyone says anything).
I'm glad to hear that sense has been seen.

What made him see sense in the end?

And about time too! That's seriously shocking behaviour initially by the Landlord (yes, pun is NOT intended, before anyone says anything).
I'm glad to hear that sense has been seen.

What made him see sense in the end?

A letter from tennants brother on his firms headed note paper ( solicitors ) He phoned this morning accepting the quote (4k ) but he wants me to start tomorrow ( lots of jiggling to sort existing work ) and of course he will have to pay a deposit

a large deposit, i hope.... he'll have to rent out his spanish villa for a couple of extra weeks

Last edited:
Had a call to quote for a PIR on Saturday @ 10pm asking if I could do it that night , well it's my misses birthday and were in Whitsateble so I told the guy Id phone him Sunday afternoon, had three calls on Sunday morning ( which I did'nt answer , same guy wanting urgent PIR)
I phoned him Sunday 5pm and he was in real panic about getting this PIR on a property he had rented out so I arranged an appointment for Monday and he gave me the tanants number. I contacted the tennant to confirm appointment .
All became clear when I arrived , the tennant had received an electric shock from a screw on the kitchen plate switch which took him off his feet and put him out for two hours, he was found by his wife and rushed to hospital ( an old metal clad box plastic plate fixed by two wood screws one of which had peirced a cable further inspection unearthed 2.5 running under the carpet feeding a broken double socket , all metal light fittings - no cpc, a radial with 5 dsso stuufed into a ring ocpd (32a) showers wired in 2.5mm

Phoned the landlord and told him needed rewiring, smoke alarms and CM alarm,
he tried to tell he did;nt need the smokes or CM alarm so dont price for and just make the other stuff good are could I hide it

Im still fuming , I m gonna calm down before I phone him - Oh and the tennant has an eight year old little girl.

Grass him, grass him, grass him... The scumbag, that could of been the child. What a Madam palm and her five daughters!!!!

Im gonna name this house CHRISTINE,

Got the job got the deposit, started yesyerday , it's a cpmplete *******, fluffy insulation in the loft ( full of crap ) anyway running cable for F/L Ltg put my hand into the furry stuff to pull a cable and got thrown against the water tank , some silly sod ha joined the shower feef with a cooker connection unit , no box no cover w^^k^^

Im gonna name this house CHRISTINE,

Got the job got the deposit, started yesyerday , it's a cpmplete *******, fluffy insulation in the loft ( full of crap ) anyway running cable for F/L Ltg put my hand into the furry stuff to pull a cable and got thrown against the water tank , some silly sod ha joined the shower feef with a cooker connection unit , no box no cover w^^k^^

An extra £1000 for danger money me thinks.

careful bugsy, we don't want you hospitalised, least until you've been paid for the job. LOL.

i would just like to point out that not all landlords are like this,my missus is a landlady to that guy off the quiz show the chase and we have never thought of putting his life at risk lol

Reply to nearly killed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net