Discuss Need a bit of help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all I have been given a
3-phase + N supply for a 27kw industrial supply to a isolator , I’m awaiting a reply on what is going to be used on the output side but what sort of size cable and type would you all use as it’s enclosed in a thermal wall in conduit and it’s an industrial kitchen,
Could someone please calculate the
Size of cable and a suggestion of what type of cable to use please, many thanks all

hi all I have been given a
3-phase + N supply for a 27kw industrial supply to a isolator , I’m awaiting a reply on what is going to be used on the output side but what sort of size cable and type would you all use as it’s enclosed in a thermal wall in conduit and it’s an industrial kitchen,
Could someone please calculate the
Size of cable and a suggestion of what type of cable to use please, many thanks all
Not with that sort of information

what sort of size cable
Sort of medium size.
a suggestion of what type of cable
An electrical one.

Protip: For simple linear calculations use the same degree of precision when presenting the results of a calculation, as is present in the supplied data.

My consultancy fees are £129.99 for the first hour then £89.99 per hour after that for design work.

Cash in advance.

My consultancy fees are £129.99 for the first hour then £89.99 per hour after that for design work.

Cash in advance.
or cheques made out to Care at Strima's House. if that won't fit on the cheque just use the initials .....C.A.S.H.

or cheques made out to Care at Strima's House. if that won't fit on the cheque just use the initials .....C.A.S.H.
My carer says I might be let out on my own next week as the charges have been dropped...

Well sounds like an ------- group to be honest

And I think you're missing the point of what the guys have said.

Come on and ask 'Work this out for me' and we'll all generally not pay too much attention because either (a) it's a homework question or (b) you just can't be arsed to put any effort in to a job your being paid to do.

Come on and ask 'I've got this job to do and this is what I'm planning' or 'I've got this homework question, this is what I've got so far', showing your calcs etc. and you're more likely to get a sensible critique and assistance.

I know this to be true, because (feel free to correct me chaps) I've always used the later approach and the assistance and advice I've received has always been stellar. Sometimes not what I wanted to hear, but what I needed to hear.

So my advice to you is, take the subtle (OK, maybe not so subtle in some cases) hints and work out what your plan is and then post that with your calcs and ask for some feedback on that. Posting insults will get you nowhere except maybe to the bottom of the list of people to help out.

Well sounds like an ------- group to be honest
Ask a half arsed question, get a half arsed answer.

How long is the cable run?

How far is it run in insulation?

What is the ambient temperature?

What type and curve of OCPD is required?

What are the earthing arrangements?

Inductive or resistive load?

Is it a new cable route or is there existing containment in place with available space?

Where possible I would usually use the same wiring methods as the existing installation when making alterations or additions

And I think you're missing the point of what the guys have said.

Come on and ask 'Work this out for me' and we'll all generally not pay too much attention because either (a) it's a homework question or (b) you just can't be arsed to put any effort in to a job your being paid to do.

Come on and ask 'I've got this job to do and this is what I'm planning' or 'I've got this homework question, this is what I've got so far', showing your calcs etc. and you're more likely to get a sensible critique and assistance.

I know this to be true, because (feel free to correct me chaps) I've always used the later approach and the assistance and advice I've received has always been stellar. Sometimes not what I wanted to hear, but what I needed to hear.

So my advice to you is, take the subtle (OK, maybe not so subtle in some cases) hints and work out what your plan is and then post that with your calcs and ask for some feedback on that. Posting insults will get you nowhere except maybe to the bottom of the list of people to help out.
Thankyou it’s not me being lazy I’m
Could you clarify what you mean - you're sentence structure and grammar isn't very good here.
And you are may I ask ???? You sound like the typical knob head who thinks they know everything behind a keyboard

I have no idea what he is asking, I have been given a 27kw, TP&N supply to an isolator. So is this supply in situ and you have been asked to connect from it but you have no idea what is being connected??

Is it a new cable route or is there existing containment in place with available space?

Where possible I would usually use the same wiring methods as the existing installation when making alterations or additions
Seeing as your the only person to be serious mate,
It’s a 50m run on basket
I have on my drawing a 27kw 3-phase +N isolator
That is all it’s max travel through celotex is 3m
I have looked into it before I posted
Something along the lines of this

Amps=27kw divided (square root 3 x pf (1.0) x volts (400v) )
I get around 89a which doesn’t sound right to me On 3 phase unless I’m missing something

Also looked online and it’s come out on a calculator

39a per phase so a 40/45a 3phase Mcb would be suitable

Am I wrong here at all ?

Thanks

Reply to Need a bit of help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net