Discuss need an engineers help please in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nelson19

hello all could use a hand or push in the right direction,
im currently studying for a hnd in electrical engineering and im finding the mechanical engineering science a bit of a nightmare, as my background is pure electrical. im completing an assignment on static engineering systems and im finding beam calculations a bit puzzling, not the maths, but the extraction of information from given diagrams and putting into formulae correctly.
any help or info on 2nd moment of area in structures of beams with elemental strips, mass moment inertia torque, centroids and bending moments in beams.....
would be most appericiated,
thanks in advance

if you pm me more detailed info,i'll have a go, its been a while but ive done a fair bit of mech eng science at higher level, but more importantly i still have all my notes and textbooks, not too sure about 2nd moment of area but ill have a look. a bit puzzling? thats an understatement! its on par with transients in electrical circuits!

hello all could use a hand or push in the right direction,
im currently studying for a hnd in electrical engineering and im finding the mechanical engineering science a bit of a nightmare, as my background is pure electrical. im completing an assignment on static engineering systems and im finding beam calculations a bit puzzling, not the maths, but the extraction of information from given diagrams and putting into formulae correctly.
any help or info on 2nd moment of area in structures of beams with elemental strips, mass moment inertia torque, centroids and bending moments in beams.....
would be most appericiated,
thanks in advance

gone to get another beer from the fridge..:confused: you worry about that on a friday night..:eek: you'll go far..:D

gone to get another beer from the fridge..:confused: you worry about that on a friday night..:eek: you'll go far..:D
haha a hope so mate, im doin this 2nite so av got 2moro free for the toon match n a good drink afterwards. u musnt be partying 2 hard either if ur browsing the electricians forum at 11 oclock haha i value ur input anyway brought a smile mate

sorry, mate . my limitations on mechanical engineering only entend to how a beer pump gets the ale into my pint pot.

think that comes undere the heading of fluid mechanics.

Last edited:
Must admit, this reminds me how peed off I became at the end of the C certificate,
The B was fine, day release, company paid, but the C was two nights a week for two years.
I promised my single brain cell I would punish it no further lol.
I found the practical connection with a trade I loved was turning into pure theory and calc's I was defo losing the picture, but got through it, hard work though.
Good luck with the HND, you have my respect for persevering.

Reply to need an engineers help please in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net