Discuss Need electricians advice. Moving ceiling light without chasing ? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What you do is get an adapter for the track to put any light you want on to the adapter. i.e. a track light adapter you would be looking for.

What you do is get an adapter for the track to put any light you want on to the adapter. i.e. a track light adapter you would be looking for.

thanks so much for your reply and showing me the links. just to summerize so i know i understand this right. Say for example i wanted 3 lights on the track, what i would need to buy would be a track, 3 adapters? (one for each light) and then 3 of whichever pendants i like?

thanks so much for your reply
Exactly that. You should also make sure you get the terminal end which the wire/supply goes into and attaches to the track. As a slight aside you can get the track to go at 90 degrees as well with a 90 degree connector.

Exactly that. You should also make sure you get the terminal end which the wire/supply goes into and attaches to the track. As a slight aside you can get the track to go at 90 degrees as well with a 90 degree connector.

hello. not quite sure what you mean, but i have been looking around online and i think i have found something suitable that i like. could you take a look at the link and tell me what you think? its about 6 foot long so it will cover most of the ceiling. but it says it takes G9 bulbs, i have a lamp that takes a G9 bulb and it isnt very bright, but this one i found does have 5 of them and it says its a 33 watt which is the equivalentt to a 43 watt regular bulb (33 watt per g9 bulb i assume), just worried it might not be bright enough like my regular 60 watt bulb is. also i would probably use the cool white LED g9 bulbs instead of the warm white g9 bulbs that comes with this

Eglo VILANOVA ceiling spotlight aluminium, 5-light sources - https://www.illumination.co.uk/eglo-vilanova-ceiling-spotlight-93361-do2.html

you would need 5 x 5watt LED bulbs to match the light output of those halogen ones. not seen G9 > 3watt.

that looks like a solution. they are shorter because the clue is in the description....compact. ( that does mean they fit in a lampholder, not a make-up bag. :D:D:D:D:D.)

that looks like a solution. they are shorter because the clue is in the description....compact. ( that does mean they fit in a lampholder, not a make-up bag. :D:D:D:D:D.)
lol thanks, so the length of them doesnt effect the brightness? it would be just as bright as a regular length one?

the brightness is only governed by having sufficient voltage. lack of volts will only occur on a much longer cable run.

Reply to Need electricians advice. Moving ceiling light without chasing ? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock