Discuss Need help/advice, insure of what the problem is and think I’m being ripped off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well thank you all for your opinions and help. Periodic test and upgrading the consumer unit will be the next move.

Anyone on this page local to Wiltshire feel free to get in contact.

Well thank you all for your opinions and help. Periodic test and upgrading the consumer unit will be the next move.

It could be something very simple, like a chafed wire as it enters one of the sockets back boxes and when he disturbed the cables, it made the fault worse, or it could be a fault in a cable under the floor boards, as has been said previously, a good sparky worth his salts will trace the fault in no time and then offer you a solution.

The guys (I won't call them electricians) who've told you 'overloaded cables' 'drawing more power' etc. are talking total BS>

You've got a N-E fault, on the sockets circuit from what you've said. Only an insulation tester will be able to find that properly (visual and a lot of luck works rarely).

I'm just South of Salisbury, where are you?

as he was finishing up he was changing the lightbulb as he unscrewed the bulb the electric tripped and now every time I switch the consumer unit on the RCD trips so no power is going to the onsumner unit it is all a very old
are you sure that there was actually an electrician there........if he was changing the lamp why was it you who was turning the power on all the time........was it you who actually done the work on the lights and sockets

I think Markyd and SJD's posts are probably quite relevant.

Thank you all for the reply, I certainly agree with all of you and some replies made me laugh, but sadly the problem is still here, update on the situation ...

All the double sockets and light switch face plates was taken off and the new light fitting that was fitted has been taken down, still the electric is not turning on and tripping, there is a lot of work to be going on I’m the next few days and working electric is crucial with tenants moving in the end of the month, agreed the consumer unit needs upgrading but had anyone any idea what the problem is he has caused to try and fix this as he’s standing here doing the same thing over and over replying he hasn’t a c,he why it’s done that and is saying a cable could have burned out somewhere hence why it needs a compete rewrite and consumer unit upgraded

FFS i know this is old but reading it im shouting at the screen get someone to test it properly, hes a moron!

Reply to Need help/advice, insure of what the problem is and think I’m being ripped off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net