Discuss Need help identifying a Service Head fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Peter Jaggard

Hello all

I've recently installed a ryefield board and just when I am about to connect itto the service head I find out some one has nicked one of the fuses. I cantidentify it and therefore cant source another one

not allowed to post pictures but its ceramic and 45mm wide and 135mm long. I can email pics

Can anyone helpplease

Pete

Hello all

I've recently installed a ryefield board and just when I am about to connect itto the service head I find out some one has nicked one of the fuses. I cantidentify it and therefore cant source another one

not allowed to post pictures but its ceramic and 45mm wide and 135mm long. I can email pics

Can anyone helpplease

Pete

Service head, that would be DNOs would it not

It should be a BS1361 60 / 80 amp depending on the cut out rating available from most wholesalers , but the big question is why's it missing and as its DNO property would be beneficial to contact the DNO , also there should only be one fuse , unless it's three phase, that is

they will want to change the head im sure and that will sit on some guys desk for a few months which I don't have.

any idea on the model / type of the fuse

just to clarify. I'm aware its ukpn reasonability to supply the servicewith fuses but since I'm sure they will turn this into a fiasco which I don'thave time for since the meters are being fitted soon and without a phase someof the flats will be without power. does anyone know the model type of the fusein question so at least I know what I'm looking for and can look around

just to clarify. I'm aware its ukpn reasonability to supply the servicewith fuses but since I'm sure they will turn this into a fiasco which I don't have time for since the meters are being fitted soon and without a phase someof the flats will be without power. does anyone know the model type of the fusein question so at least I know what I'm looking for and can look around

Could it be that the fuses were removed as there isn't any metering in place?

Tell the builder to F off

it was servinga pre paid meter which had been jumped at some point so I'm sure they just tookthe fuse out but they would have then jumped in on another phase. longstory short a developer bought it and I've wired up 5 flats and all the metersare redundant and now I've got meters coming but a fuse missing on the head toconnect my 95mm to

just searchingaround for someone who can identify the fuse and casing

it was servinga pre paid meter which had been jumped at some point so I'm sure they just tookthe fuse out but they would have then jumped in on another phase. longstory short a developer bought it and I've wired up 5 flats and all the metersare redundant and now I've got meters coming but a fuse missing on the head toconnect my 95mm to

just searchingaround for someone who can identify the fuse and casing

OK - fit the fuse matey then you'll be under investigation for theft/fraud.

What don't you understand?

OK so here'sthe score.

I simply needthe help of other electricians out there to identify a fuse so I can get a replacementin a time frame that doesn't throw what time I have before the meters turn up out.

its all legit.5 flats with planning permission and mpans numbers.

I the electriciandoing the job am reusing the existing supply since adequate and that beingagreed by ukpn have now discovered that at the point of connecting up theryefield that there is a fuse missing and wouldn't you know it, its notsomething I've see before. so I thought it a clever idea to ask around.

Read thedescription!

all thesereplies and no one has given me any pointers.

I am new toforums not electrics and don't want to be rude but I'm asking for helpidentifying a fuse plain and simple not opinions

Does anyoneknow what type of fuse it is and if so can you tell me please

thank you

Reply to Need help identifying a Service Head fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net