Discuss Need help with identifying the type of connector on vintage Sears kettle in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Guys I've an old Sears kettle that I still use. But recently I noticed that the power cord connector to the kettle is wiggly, but still works. Since, it looks like a removable connector I tried to pull it slightly but it doesn't seem to be removable.

Anyone here has any idea if this part is removable? I need to confirm this or else I might damage a good device. If removable what type of connector is it?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

I agree it is probably supposed to be removable, but may have welded itself in place through arcing or corrosion. You might just need to pull harder.

As this is a UK forum, and kettle connectors generally used to be made to national codes, it's likely we haven't seen exactly this type of connector much over here if at all. Ours were usually larger and always grounded.

Looks like a Kettle lead.
it looks like a kettle lead, smells like a kettle lead, it's connected to a kettle..... chance is ,,, it is a kettle lead.

think it's an old type round pin type. we used to have similar, but as a more round shape , being 3 pin.

I tried but for some reason the whole portion where its connected keeps wiggling like its not secure. I've a feeling that the socket it's attached to is probably loose or something has melted and corroded. Don't want to break it.

I'm exhausted at this point and like people say "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" :D.

Last edited:

Reply to Need help with identifying the type of connector on vintage Sears kettle in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We've recently moved to a new build where the HMDI cable for the TV etc. are pre-fitted in the cavity of the wall. One end of the HMDI...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock