Discuss Needs some help and advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Squid

for a friend, haven't been to look at this myself yet but will do before the New Year and was wondering is anyone has comes across a similar situation.

Friend has been arguing with EoN for the last 3 years as it seems he has a bodged install from the mains head and to me it seems but I can't see clearly from the photo that the meter the CSU to the left is connected to also links to the Wylex Isolater which then goes to a flat on the first floor which has its own meter, is this possible?

Just asking before I pop down and draw up a schematic of the wiring as he is now at a solicitors but his Electrician has said that the Henley block has been wired incorrectly, any advice pointers appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 10.32.15.jpg

I know EoN or G4S who they used fitted the Wylex Isolator, the rest of the stuff has been there for a few years.

Just need the info so they can get the money back from being overcharged by EoN.

I don't know what's worse, the photo or the wiring. Looks like its a DNO special for that. Absolute rubbish install at DNO end, and onwards

I know its a rubbish install but I haven't viewed it myself as of yet and he also has a Tag Monaco that I am interested in so anything for a price reduction helps.

Turn the CU off and see if the meter stills registers usage.
I will confirm thatone but I think its been done and the meter still registers the issue is that EoN are being feck wits and one accept that they could have messed up, I am trying to help out and will get the wiring drawn up with my observations to send to them, I think as this has been dragging on he has just had enough and wants to get a solicitor involved which I know will cost £'s as I am at a lose end and love an argument I'd like to help out.

Spoke to the guy, when the CSU is killed the meter registers my assumption is and this is without checking that EoN piggy backed off the meter, now if that is that is the case then you is liable for the extra bill and in sorting this out?

IT does appear to me that both supplies are coming from the meter.
This can be acceptable and I have seen this before in a flat above a shop, as long as the DNO are aware of it and they show the correct usage of each property by calculation( subtracting one from the other).

Your friends supply and the upstairs flat are definitely coming of the load side of the one meter. This is unacceptable, the upstairs flat should be coming direct from the cable head supply fuse. The meter set is an absolute shambles. Your friends wirng and supply tails are horrible the whole lot needs changing.

Reply to Needs some help and advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net