Discuss Negotiations going as expected.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sparksburnout

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Well, it seems our "friends" in the EU are conducting the "negotiations" in the manner I thought they would. Get your wallet out UK or we are not even remotely interested in talking about anything, rattle right out of the pram because we have had the audacity to leave their useless club. So, should we carry on, or just turn round, close the briefcases, whistle for a taxi to the airport and tell them to stick it. Call their bluff, basically?

Well, it seems our "friends" in the EU are conducting the "negotiations" in the manner I thought they would. Get your wallet out UK or we are not even remotely interested in talking about anything, rattle right out of the pram because we have had the audacity to leave their useless club. So, should we carry on, or just turn round, close the briefcases, whistle for a taxi to the airport and tell them to stick it. Call their bluff, basically?
Might upset Angela if we did that, and you know what happened the last time someone upset them.

The claim that we owe them 100 billion euros, yet have seem to have forgotten that a bill needs details and break downs ..................

I think the UK should walk away until they come clean with exactly how much, how they have come to the number, how much of the assets the UK "own" which need to be deducted

and then the legal basis on which it should be paid ..............

I'm happy for the UK to save on the air fares and hotel rooms until this is provided...

Another Northern Daily Mail Mail reader........
I really don't know what you mean. I watched that french guy, can't remember his name, on TV at lunchtime, trotting out the speech he had obviously written the day after we decided to leave. I don't read the Daily mail, or any other red-top for that matter. Not sure what the Daily Mail Mail is though, is it a new London issue? I always thought the Mail was a "southern" paper though, as suggested in those famous lines "Oh, and on your way home Bonnie lad, get yersel a copy of the Daily Mail" (When the boat comes in, circa 197X??)
Truth of the matter is that the EU have no intention of conducting any rational negotiations, they just want to try and punish us for daring to leave the sinking ship. It just makes me even more convinced that they are a hopeless case.

Leaving the EU was a decision made by many voters who believed the nonsense spouted about how wonderful life would be, if only we bucked the world trend for co operation and integration and walked a lone path
It is quietly being realised and feared that all will not be well in the UK household after all
The fee for leaving is a debt for numerous shared projects that we have and are benefiting from,its only the projected level that is disputed,the end figure will be finalised and will be paid irrelevant of the final figure,to not do so would destroy any reputation,trust or trade that we will now desperately need having made the silliest decision a nation (maybe soon to become a number of nations)could have made

We have gambled the future of all young people (who did not deserve this punishment voted for on their behalf)and inflicted on them by older people with little vision of life without the Eu

The real life outside the EU is slowly dawning on many who voted for crazy, its reality is a long way from the utopia of those who campaigned to leave promised them
It will be something very very different from that vision of paradise,more like a self imposed hell for future generations

Leaving the EU was a decision made by many voters who believed the nonsense spouted about how wonderful life would be, if only we bucked the world trend for co operation and integration and walked a lone path
It is quietly being realised and feared that all will not be well in the UK household after all
The fee for leaving is a debt for numerous shared projects that we have and are benefiting from,its only the projected level that is disputed,the end figure will be finalised and will be paid irrelevant of the final figure,to not do so would destroy any reputation,trust or trade that we will now desperately need having made the silliest decision a nation (maybe soon to become a number of nations)could have made

We have gambled the future of all young people (who did not deserve this punishment voted for on their behalf)and inflicted on them by older people with little vision of life without the Eu

The real life outside the EU is slowly dawning on many who voted for crazy, its reality is a long way from the utopia of those who campaigned to leave promised them
It will be something very very different from that vision of paradise,more like a self imposed hell for future generations
Cobblers.

And that reply probably took the same time as most out voters gave to the way to vote
No, it was born out of the tiresome apathetic attitudes of people like you who have no vision or spirit to believe that this nation, who came to the rescue of the very people who now want to deride us, have. The leaders of the EU now show themselves to be exactly what they are, more concerned with childish bureaucracy and punitive measures rather than trying to discuss a proper solution to a situation that will have a negative effect on them possibly more than us. Anyone would think that life in the EU is a paradise rather than the low growth rule bound existence in which our Country is slowly but surely losing it's entire identity along with being unable to trade freely with the emerging nations of the world.

i voted NO in 1972 (or thereabouts) and voted NO again last year.if we wanted the frogs or the krauts to rule Britain we could have let napoleon or hitler win. now it's angela meerkat and some french tw4t, (can't remember the name) trying it on again, but more subtle. sod 'em. if this country can't make a go of it without them bureaucratic corrupt thieving EU mob, then at least we go down with our heads held high. RULE BRITANNIA.

I'm in the mood to play devil's advocate,and just been to watch Dunkirk,with son No.1,so....

The EU is no different,than many other institution/club/organisation/ideal,and as with other set-ups,government,Police,BBC,FIFA,etc,the details of running and membership,never fail to cause despair.

The waste,fraud and cost,cannot be hidden,neither can individual pieces of worth and benefit.

It is the acceptance of one,and the value of the other,which separate fans from detractors.

It is a matter of record,that we signed up,in international statute,to certain financial commitments. Whether you think that was wrong now,or then...we signed :)

....But,the very same legal framework,set rules for membership,which carry the exact weight,which then were bypassed,and ignored,with additional eye-watering,unapproachable borrowing,piled on top....for all members to share :(

So,in,out,half in or out...it is only certain,that there would be winners and losers,in any event - always. I may add,that i am in favour of absolutely anything,which makes any Frenchman, cross :p

. I may add,that i am in favour of absolutely anything,which makes any Frenchman, cross :p

bravo.

The EU will try to punish us, its the same as the vindictive husband who's wife of 25 years has had enough and has decided to leave him and now he will try to screw her over and control her.

What most of the people in the UK are sick off is being "controlled" by Europe (France and Germany) immigration is far too high, its fine for people that want to work but we are getting the dregs of the world coming here as all they see is "free money" and asylum should be claimed in the first free/safe country you arrive in.

To me its spitefulness and if we are going to leave then just leave and tell them to do one, most people I believe who voted out thought they'd never win and it would have fired a warning shot across the bows of the EU ship which is basically a bunch of freeloaders lining their own pockets as fast as then can with their all self interests a number one priority. The problem is the Leave Campaign won, what the EU should have said is "bugger, we need to change" and to implement a relaxation of the rules and to give us back the freedoms that have been taken away bit by bit, deportations should be easier and the removal of the undesirables, I have Abu Hamza's wife living around the corner from me in a nice 4 bedroom council house thats worth about £1.2M and the residents aren't happy about it but they can't touch her, anyways turning in to a bit of a rant.

London opportunity to work is a lot better then the rest of the country and I can imagine its a lot worse Northwards of Watford jobs wise and trying to find somewhere to live but maybe the members on here that are in those areas can comment on that aspect.

. I may add,that i am in favour of absolutely anything,which makes any Frenchman, cross :p

bravo.
You need this book then,

Negotiations going as expected.... Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 07.53.26 - EletriciansForums.net

Don't care which way any one voted, we're leaving. But those that voted out, believe this process is going to be anything other than costly or problematic, is being a bit naive.

We've been in this 'club' for a long time, with its tentacles embedded in our constitution, legislation and business. So that's going to take some organising, and work obtaining new business.

Somewhat like the advice regular given to those on here asking if they should go self employed. The answer is mostly always yes, but with a few caveats.

There's always rattling of swords at these events, which eventually will get sorted, it has to, 'cos that's what we decided to do.

Reply to Negotiations going as expected.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock