Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Negotiations going as expected.... in the Politics & The Economy area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. sparksburnout

sparksburnout Electrician's Arms

Well, it seems our "friends" in the EU are conducting the "negotiations" in the manner I thought they would. Get your wallet out UK or we are not even remotely interested in talking about anything, rattle right out of the pram because we have had the audacity to leave their useless club. So, should we carry on, or just turn round, close the briefcases, whistle for a taxi to the airport and tell them to stick it. Call their bluff, basically?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Link?

3. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    None
    Might upset Angela if we did that, and you know what happened the last time someone upset them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sparksburnout

Sensible answers only please, on a postcard if necessary.

5. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

The claim that we owe them 100 billion euros, yet have seem to have forgotten that a bill needs details and break downs ..................

I think the UK should walk away until they come clean with exactly how much, how they have come to the number, how much of the assets the UK "own" which need to be deducted

and then the legal basis on which it should be paid ..............

I'm happy for the UK to save on the air fares and hotel rooms until this is provided...

• Like Like x 1
  6. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Another Northern Daily Mail Mail reader........

7. sparksburnout

I really don't know what you mean. I watched that french guy, can't remember his name, on TV at lunchtime, trotting out the speech he had obviously written the day after we decided to leave. I don't read the Daily mail, or any other red-top for that matter. Not sure what the Daily Mail Mail is though, is it a new London issue? I always thought the Mail was a "southern" paper though, as suggested in those famous lines "Oh, and on your way home Bonnie lad, get yersel a copy of the Daily Mail" (When the boat comes in, circa 197X??)
    Truth of the matter is that the EU have no intention of conducting any rational negotiations, they just want to try and punish us for daring to leave the sinking ship. It just makes me even more convinced that they are a hopeless case.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Des 56

Des 56 Trusted Advisor

Leaving the EU was a decision made by many voters who believed the nonsense spouted about how wonderful life would be, if only we bucked the world trend for co operation and integration and walked a lone path
    It is quietly being realised and feared that all will not be well in the UK household after all
    The fee for leaving is a debt for numerous shared projects that we have and are benefiting from,its only the projected level that is disputed,the end figure will be finalised and will be paid irrelevant of the final figure,to not do so would destroy any reputation,trust or trade that we will now desperately need having made the silliest decision a nation (maybe soon to become a number of nations)could have made

We have gambled the future of all young people (who did not deserve this punishment voted for on their behalf)and inflicted on them by older people with little vision of life without the Eu

The real life outside the EU is slowly dawning on many who voted for crazy, its reality is a long way from the utopia of those who campaigned to leave promised them
    It will be something very very different from that vision of paradise,more like a self imposed hell for future generations

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. sparksburnout

Cobblers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Des 56

Des 56 Trusted Advisor

And that reply probably took the same time as most out voters gave to the way to vote

My thoughts have been posted and an opposite view given,let time be the judge of who is right

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  11. static zap

static zap Regular EF Member

Out is a gamble , but staying in and having your powers of control watered down was a certain !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Thing is, neither side made a very good job of making their case.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. sparksburnout

No, it was born out of the tiresome apathetic attitudes of people like you who have no vision or spirit to believe that this nation, who came to the rescue of the very people who now want to deride us, have. The leaders of the EU now show themselves to be exactly what they are, more concerned with childish bureaucracy and punitive measures rather than trying to discuss a proper solution to a situation that will have a negative effect on them possibly more than us. Anyone would think that life in the EU is a paradise rather than the low growth rule bound existence in which our Country is slowly but surely losing it's entire identity along with being unable to trade freely with the emerging nations of the world.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  14. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i voted NO in 1972 (or thereabouts) and voted NO again last year.if we wanted the frogs or the krauts to rule Britain we could have let napoleon or hitler win. now it's angela meerkat and some french tw4t, (can't remember the name) trying it on again, but more subtle. sod 'em. if this country can't make a go of it without them bureaucratic corrupt thieving EU mob, then at least we go down with our heads held high. RULE BRITANNIA.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

I'm in the mood to play devil's advocate,and just been to watch Dunkirk,with son No.1,so....

The EU is no different,than many other institution/club/organisation/ideal,and as with other set-ups,government,Police,BBC,FIFA,etc,the details of running and membership,never fail to cause despair.

The waste,fraud and cost,cannot be hidden,neither can individual pieces of worth and benefit.

It is the acceptance of one,and the value of the other,which separate fans from detractors.

It is a matter of record,that we signed up,in international statute,to certain financial commitments. Whether you think that was wrong now,or then...we signed :)

....But,the very same legal framework,set rules for membership,which carry the exact weight,which then were bypassed,and ignored,with additional eye-watering,unapproachable borrowing,piled on top....for all members to share :(

So,in,out,half in or out...it is only certain,that there would be winners and losers,in any event - always. I may add,that i am in favour of absolutely anything,which makes any Frenchman, cross :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1