Discuss Negotiations going as expected.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The EU will try to punish us, its the same as the vindictive husband who's wife of 25 years has had enough and has decided to leave him and now he will try to screw her over and control her.

What most of the people in the UK are sick off is being "controlled" by Europe (France and Germany) immigration is far too high, its fine for people that want to work but we are getting the dregs of the world coming here as all they see is "free money" and asylum should be claimed in the first free/safe country you arrive in.

To me its spitefulness and if we are going to leave then just leave and tell them to do one, most people I believe who voted out thought they'd never win and it would have fired a warning shot across the bows of the EU ship which is basically a bunch of freeloaders lining their own pockets as fast as then can with their all self interests a number one priority. The problem is the Leave Campaign won, what the EU should have said is "bugger, we need to change" and to implement a relaxation of the rules and to give us back the freedoms that have been taken away bit by bit, deportations should be easier and the removal of the undesirables, I have Abu Hamza's wife living around the corner from me in a nice 4 bedroom council house thats worth about £1.2M and the residents aren't happy about it but they can't touch her, anyways turning in to a bit of a rant.

London opportunity to work is a lot better then the rest of the country and I can imagine its a lot worse Northwards of Watford jobs wise and trying to find somewhere to live but maybe the members on here that are in those areas can comment on that aspect.
Exactly right SWD, my thoughts entirely. My hope is that when things get to a stalemate and the British negotiators give them the ultimatum that they must, on behalf of the British taxpayers, that the real leaders in the EU will start to get messages to Junkers and Co that they need to stop the playground bully act and start talking sense. I don't think the bosses at BMW and Audi, for example, will just stand back and let the likes of these EU leaders cut off their income stream from us. However, if needs be, it will have to happen. As an example there are plenty of luxury car makes outside of the EU that we could buy from.
Brilliant point regarding France and Germany, no other country seems to be involved as far as I can see, some 27 nations.......oh until they start moaning about not getting as many handouts when we have left.

what we need at this moment in time is another Churchill or Thatcher. a PM with the balls to stand up to these eurine bullies and give it to them. stood up to hitler and galtieri, so this load of cretins should be no problem for a UK government that has the guts to fight the barstewards.

what we need at this moment in time is another Churchill or Thatcher. a PM with the balls to stand up to these eurine bullies and give it to them. stood up to hitler and galtieri, so this load of cretins should be no problem for a UK government that has the guts to fight the barstewards.
I have no time for Maggie but at least she would have had the balls to tell these bully boys where to go. They are starting to show their true colours now, they obviously haven't got the message that we are sick of getting our hands in our pockets to bail their "club" members out.

Oh and by the way I think we ought to tell them where they can shove their weedy 500W vacuum cleaners, just to get the ball rolling a bit faster. What a complete joke that is, saving emissions! just shows what a bunch of pillocks they are.

Oh and by the way I think we ought to tell them where they can shove their weedy 500W vacuum cleaners, just to get the ball rolling a bit faster. What a complete joke that is, saving emissions! just shows what a bunch of pillocks they are.
All that will happen is that your cleaner will take twice as long to hoover thats using the same amount of energy and causing the same amount of emissions but you'll have to pay her for an extra 30 mins of her time.

agree. a 500watt vac can maybe do the job, but it will be running twice as long as a 1000watt. so where's the saving.? same as a 3kw kettle will boil in half the time of a 1500watt. basic physics. energy in = energy out ( less any losses, of course). but then these are pencil necks. can't see wood when a tree is in the way.

agree. a 500watt vac can maybe do the job, but it will be running twice as long as a 1000watt. so where's the saving.? same as a 3kw kettle will boil in half the time of a 1500watt. basic physics. energy in = energy out ( less any losses, of course). but then these are pencil necks. can't see wood when a tree is in the way.
In fact, albeit it arguably trivial, this is a perfect example of why we should divorce ourselves from these idiots. I wonder how much this masterpiece of meaningless rubbish EU directive has cost? People who voted remain must be very embarrassed by this astonishing example of EU ----ery, I would be.

Last edited:
Yet another prime example of believing headline rubbish and not the facts

Try these quotes from Which

While you’re unlikely to see a noticeable reduction in your energy bills at home, the EU estimates that the amount of energy saved as a result of the label will be 20TWh annually, that’s equivalent to the residential electricity consumption of Belgium

While it is too early to say what the impact of new regulations will be, we have tested vacuum cleaners with 900W motors that do a better job of dust-busting than vacuum cleaners with motors two or three times the size. What’s more, we’ve reported on vacuum cleaners in the past that are so noisy, you’d be forgiven for thinking that you were using a lawnmower to clean your living room. So the maximum noise restriction could be good news for your ears.

Making efforts to contain global warming does not seem to be as important as the headline makers will have you believing

Oh and whilst I got myself sucked in again to a thread after I intended staying well away from
I was almost chewing the screen when it was posted how that dead politician with the annoying voice would have sorted them out

She did enough damage destroying the communities in Wales and elsewhere, the evil deeds she resided over is still impacting to this day

Last edited:

While you’re unlikely to see a noticeable reduction in your energy bills at home, the EU estimates that the amount of energy saved as a result of the label will be 20TWh annually, that’s equivalent to the residential electricity consumption of Belgium

While it is too early to say what the impact of new regulations will be, we have tested vacuum cleaners with 900W motors that do a better job of dust-busting than vacuum cleaners with motors two or three times the size. What’s more, we’ve reported on vacuum cleaners in the past that are so noisy, you’d be forgiven for thinking that you were using a lawnmower to clean your living room. So the maximum noise restriction could be good news for your ears.

Making efforts to contain global warming does not seem to be as important as the headline makers will have you believing
Like I said earlier, Cobblers. See Tel's post regarding the physics, and more importantly the reality.

Yes,I can see that truth does indeed blind those who dont want it shown
Oh and dittro with your favourite retort, cobblers to your post

Yes,I can see that truth does indeed blind those who dont want it shown
Oh and dittro with your favourite retort, cobblers to your post
Well you work it out then:
Mrs Smith runs her EU spec 500W vacuum for 20 mins, trying to clean up the fluff from the stairs carpet. It ain't very good being as its only 500W.
Mrs Nextdoor does the same thing with her really good vacuum for 5 mins cos its 2000W and does a better job anyway.
Energy saving????
Like I said, cobblers. Never mind the low growth in the EU, the massive problems caused by uncontrolled immigration, and the fact that 75% of EU countries are on their arse, lets just worry about the size of vacuum cleaner motors.
Byeeeeeeeee..........
Mind you, perhaps them dirty French sods like having mucky stair carpets.

Not too sure what this thread is all about?
The EU are not going to treat us any different to any other country that is not in the EU. Why should they?
Don't quite understand this idea that if the EU doesn't give us what we want, then they are being childish or vindictive?
As for Maggie.
She would most likely have just ignored the referendum result.

Oh and whilst I got myself sucked in again to a thread after I intended staying well away from
I was almost chewing the screen when it was posted how that dead politician with the annoying voice would have sorted them out

She did enough damage destroying the communities in Wales and elsewhere, the evil deeds she resided over is still impacting to this day
i seem to remember it was that comb over scarecrow scargill destroyed the mining communities in his misguided attempt to bring down the government of the day. let's face facts. when it costs more to extract coal from the ground than you can sell it for, it's a non-viable business . no matter who is in charge of the country.

The EU are not going to treat us any different to any other country that is not in the EU. Why should they?
Don't quite understand this idea that if the EU doesn't give us what we want, then they are being childish or vindictive?
As for Maggie.
Because w
As for Maggie.
Because we ARE (currently) in the EU, and as SWD has pointed out, they should, possibly, be wondering why a major contributor has seen fit to leave. They need to look inwardly as to why this state of affairs has happened. In a facetious way, and cos I have had a few glasses of a very nice red, I might suggest it might be, amongst other things, to do with the complete stupidity of today's new legislation.
We are not asking for something we want, we are asking them to be reasonable, but, being as they are a bunch of vindictive idiots, that is obviously not on the agenda.
They will see sense when the real masters become involved.

send over a couple of squadrons of Lancasters. it worked before.

i seem to remember it was that comb over scarecrow scargill destroyed the mining communities in his misguided attempt to bring down the government of the day. let's face facts. when it costs more to extract coal from the ground than you can sell it for, it's a non-viable business . no matter who is in charge of the country.
That's another debate Tel. Fact are:
1. It couldn't be sold at market rates because at the time we were competing against other countries that had massive subsidies injected into their own mining industry, which the government of the time was not prepared to do
2. It has since been proved by the freedom of information act that the Tory government at that time (fronted by Mrs T) was determined, at any cost, to defeat both Scargill and the Trades Unions because they had given that heap of turds Heath a hiding previously.
Come to think of it, it was that tawt that got us into this mess in the first place, just to try and make himself look good.
If you want to witness the effects of Mrs T's actions, I could show you huge swathes of the country round here that have never, and will never, be the same again.

to be honest. i think the blame for the decline in coal mining has to be shared between both the government of the time and the unions. neither would back down. then again, we could go back to the cotton mills of the 19th century and into the 20th. they could not compete, and so gradually they all closed. further back in time, sailing ships were made obsolete by the invention of steam power. nowadays, car assembly is mostly done by robots, so that will result in less manpower. end of the day it's called progress.

basic physics. energy in = energy out ( less any losses, of course). but then these are pencil necks. can't see wood when a tree is in the way.

So a 30w tungston lamp is equal in output to a 30w led lamp?
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I feel silly now, beleving all that EU propaganda.

no. a 30watt tungsten lamp has a 30watt input. probably approx. 10 watts light output and 20watts heat output.

a 30watt LED lamp has the same input, but more like 25watts light output and 5watts heat.

above figures are only a guesstimate based on how long it took to burn my fingers in each case and not based on actual scientific fact.

also, no animals were killed or hurt during ther experiment of burning my fingers, and no children under the age of 15 were allowed to be present.

What's it got to do with lamps? A 500W vacuum cleaner uses 25% less energy than a 2000w one, but if you run it for 4 times as long, because it has as much suck as a 10 dollar tart, it consumes the same amount of energy. That's what is so stupid about the EU argument, legislation, and more importantly the 100,000's euros it no doubt cost the dimwatts to waste OUR money on this farcical nonsense.
The EU is run by a bunch of clowns, and this exemplifies it.

Reply to Negotiations going as expected.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock