Discuss Neighbourly Electrical Harassment? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

As others have said it's very doubtful that the electricity is causing these vibrations you speak of.
You mentioned your meter box cover has been vandalised, and your electric consumption overnight was excessive. It is entirely possible that the neighbors may have tapped into your supply illegally, unlikely though but not impossible. Contact your DNO Distribution Network Supplier, and the Police.
As for the constant noise which you believe is a looped recording, the Council and the Police need to be informed as well, if you call in the police, you will need evidence of harassment, if you can go to the extent of installing a CCTV camera, covering your house that would be one way of providing evidence, record the noises as well, not just over a day, as the Police will treat it as a one off incident, a longer period of recordings will be required, keep a detailed diary of occurrences, above all try not to antagonize the people next door, difficult I know, but you will only compound the matter if you do,
You could call the council and police now, but without proof there will be little they can do, and next door will stop for a few days to cool off, and then resume with their shenanigans, wait until you have sufficient evidence before you call anyone, hearsay will not wash in the eyes of the Law. good luck, and try not to let the boogers get you down.

This is not a wind up. I'm not epileptic. It's clearly a home made set up they've got going on, using different methods of harassment.

@PEG I've called the anti social team @environmentmenal health of my local council and they don't want to know unless it's happening while they are present & they're not interested in recordings.

The ironing board rocked along with the iron. At the same time there was a thunderous loud boom through the walls so I guess that was a loud speaker. BUT there are other times my bed jolts violently no noise (enough innuendos already).

This electric shock harassment worries me because on at least 2 occasions I've been burnt - I've described 1 such instance above. Electrical interference is as tangible as anything ELSE and that's why I'm here for advice.

@Johnduffel I overlooked your response "The electric shocks could certainly be from amateur radio though, If they have a high power transmitter that could eaisly cause harmless but uncomfortable/painful electric shocks"

I think you've partially solved my query! I also get the same vocal abuse over the radios in the house - It's timed anything from every 15 minutes to every 10 seconds or so. Other times you can clearly hear weird 'digitalised' disturbances over the radio and my phone. On one of my mobiles the radio station would change frequency - no input from me!
This happened for months.

The insults over the radios & during my mobile phone conversations however still happens. I've recorded examples.

The degrees of the electric shocks however varies & concerns me the most right now. It not only affects me but my Mum's at risk too.

Thank very much @Pete999, so much appreciated. I've been keeping a log & recordings for a while now.
That's exactly what they do - cool off for a week or so after I've say called the council or housing association, then it's back to square one.

The extreme lengths that they've gone to is surreal and never ending. I've only explained a snapshot of what we've been through because I anticipated a sceptical response.
But a few posts here have been helpful. Thanks again.

Thank very much @Pete999, so much appreciated. I've been keeping a log & recordings for a while now.
That's exactly what they do - cool off for a week or so after I've say called the council or housing association, then it's back to square one.

The extreme lengths that they've gone to is surreal and never ending. I've only explained a snapshot of what we've been through because I anticipated a sceptical response.
But a few posts here have been helpful. Thanks again.
Hope it#s all sorted quickly.

@Urgent Advicepls, I concur with those suggesting you go and see your GP, no offence meant.

The things you mention are things from tv programmes & films, they don't happen in reality, and certainly the low life neighbours you speak of, would not have the intelligence or capability to even try such things.

Judging from a distance like this, we can jump to conclusions; but I wonder what advice the police & environmental health gave you. You've mention these things make you feel unwell.

There are many local support groups you can speak to, if you do not want to go to your GP. After all, why would it hurt to speak with someone about the things you are experiencing. Just like you've talked to us here.

@Midwest it's the stereotypical thinking like yours why people - lowlife scum - get away with what they do. You're underestimating the intelligence of people living in less than salubrious areas. I'm afraid to say that the Police response has been similar so far. They just want an clear cut open & shut case. With their budget slashed if it's not a murder they're not really interested. But I'm sure "lessons will be learned".

If you read my posts you would know what Environmental Health's was.

You've completely ignored the fact that I mentioned I have recordings that authorities aren't keen to listen to. Don't patronise me.

This is very strange, i remember recently the American Embassy in China and also in Cuba perhaps had issues with workers becoming I'll with strange sensations in their bodies, eventually it was suspected some kind of interference like this.
It sounds far fetched but there's got to be one person in the country doing that. The trouble is the police don't even understand it.

who you gonna call?
Neighbourly Electrical Harassment? upload_2018-11-11_10-17-2 - EletriciansForums.net

If you live in an end of terrace house, then surely your neighbours two doors down would also be experiencing some of the noise/vibrations? Have you spoken to them?
If you have recordings as you say, how much information do you have?
Maybe consider hiring a professional witness, ie a solicitor, such a person should be able to get this sorted rather promptly.

@Johnduff I can't talk about China & Cuba but I know what's happening here is real. I know for a fact they play low & higher frequencies simultaneously on through a speaker which I assume is positioned on the floor for maximum effect.

I found out, in error, when I put on my defenders to sleep with. But the spongey bit in the centre of the defenders only enhanced the noise instead of cancelling it. The irony.

I'm guessing a speaker was placed on their floor because I could hear it through my pillows. It's not just harassment, it's torturous.

They have at least 2 males (one a sibling) I know have been in trouble with the law. On confrontation they tried to pretend that the relative never existed. Now he's out and about bold as brass. Who knows what their background is?

When the Police don't have enough resources to refer serious cases to forensics, how will they even listen to me?

I'm not giving up. It's why I came here - hopefully for advice from people with expert knowledge. It's pretty sophisticated harassment in my opinion.

CCTV I will get. I just can't afford it right now.

From a logical and practical perspective it is not worth considering the level of power usage and technical know how that would be required to move objects at a distance by use of electromagnetic forces, this would be in the hundreds of thousands of pounds range for the equipment and require very good technical application to be so specific.
A more mundane method would be the insertion of rods through the party wall below floor level and levering them from the other side.

A practical solution might be to buy a non metal bed or if you are certain it is electrical then the electrical and magnetic force would rapidly decrease with distance and any movement of the bed away from the wall would attenuate the effects dramatically.
The use of aluminium foil backed insulation board mounted against the walls would also have a mitigating effect; it would partially limit the capability of microwave sensors to detect movement through the foil and would reduce the sound level of any airborne noises such as the recordings you mention. It would have little effect on sounds through the floor but the use of additional layers of carpet underlay would reduce this effect.
These are just stop gap measures an you really need to be able to get concrete assistance to address the problems you are having, unfortunately that is outside the range of the electrical world but talking to the citizens advice bureau maybe a useful method of starting to make progress.

@Richardburns I know that all my woes described aren't due to electrical disturbances. But any additional info is a bonus.

Re the motion sensors, I thought they worked by infra red not microwaves?

I'm grateful for your help. All I wanted were possible explanations & who to report the electrical disturbances to. I knew somebody would have the know how.

Money is so tight but I'm starting a new job soon, so hopefully I can reverse things quickly.

Infra red motion sensors cannot detect movement through solid objects, microwave motion sensors can detect through walls,doors and windows, but the effect can be weakened through metals.

Keep a detailed diary of all events that take place. Keep reporting to the police and if there is a lack of action write to you local MP. Is this by any chance a hate crime aggravated by race religion etc?
Years ago I investigated the occupant of a first floor flat who was harassing a Sri Lankan family living below. Constant banging on the floors and verbal abuse. Managed to get it recorded. Got the perpetrator charged with bail conditions not to live in their house :) Judge was not sympathetic either.
If it’s a genuine complaint then my advice is harass the police into investigating it properly especially if it is a hate crime. Also bear in mind that quite often there are too sides to the story in these types of situation.

Reply to Neighbourly Electrical Harassment? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock