Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Nest Heat Link on a Worcester Bosch 280 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Neil Potter

Neil Potter New EF Member

I have an old Worcester Bosch 280 combi. Currently it doesn't have a stat connected so the connectors on the board are
    N (Unused)
    1 & 2 (marked as Room Stat) are jumpered, and I get 240V from 2 when metered out, but nothing from 1 (assumed to be stat switch on)
    3 is unused and unmarked
    4 is unused and marked Frost Stat.

Would I be right in thinking that I run N on combi to N on the Hive Receiver.
    Then remove jumper on combi
    Run 2 on combi to L on heat link, and jumper it to common
    And finally run a cable from 1 on combi (in theory the stat control) to 3 on heat link

Am I on the right track there?

2. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

Make your mind up, is it a hive or a nest?

3. Neil Potter

Neil Potter New EF Member

My bad. Nest. All the way. Heat Link. Ta

4. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

You talk about running a cable for each connection? Normally you would use a four core cable for this job (L, N, S/L, E)
    You have the idea right about what connects where, you will also need a two core cable to the thermostat location unless you wish to use the nest wirelessly in which case you will just need to plug it in somewhere.

Once you have connected it up you must carry out the appropriate tests before switching it back on!