Discuss Nest Thermostat wiring issues in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

People think that Nest (and others) save energy ................. I think a lot are sadly disappointed.
Since installing my Nest my gas usage has dropped. But I won't know for a couple of years if I have saved anything as I'll have to compare usage over a few years.

It does however allow me to adjust the temperature and set a schedule which makes my heating system more efficient.

For example during the day it's set to 20c, young kids in the house so normally higher than I like it. At 23:00 it is set to drop to 18c and then back up again at 06:30 so its warm enough for the kids when they wake up.

Since installing my Nest my gas usage has dropped. But I won't know for a couple of years if I have saved anything as I'll have to compare usage over a few years.

It does however allow me to adjust the temperature and set a schedule which makes my heating system more efficient.

For example during the day it's set to 20c, young kids in the house so normally higher than I like it. At 23:00 it is set to drop to 18c and then back up again at 06:30 so its warm enough for the kids when they wake up.
bloody hell, your gaff must be like a sauna. we rarely turn ours up above 16 C.

bloody hell, your gaff must be like a sauna. we rarely turn ours up above 16 C.
It does get a tad warm but SWMBO and the little ones complain about the cold, when I tell them to put their coats on I just get stared at...

It's like the village of the damned at times in my house.

bloody kids don't know that they're born. when i was little, had to get up at 7.00am, scrape the ice off the inside of the bedroom window to see how many vests i needed to wear for the 4 mile walk to school, get the frozen milk off the doorstep, light the coal fire, feed the chickens, slurp down a bowl of almost cold gruel, let the cat in and the dog out. turn on the radio so that it was warmed up in time for me dad to hear the 8 o'clock news, find out which of his favourite pubs hadn't been bombed. happy days.

bloody kids don't know that they're born. when i was little, had to get up at 7.00am, scrape the ice off the inside of the bedroom window to see how many vests i needed to wear for the 4 mile walk to school, get the frozen milk off the doorstep, light the coal fire, feed the chickens, slurp down a bowl of almost cold gruel, let the cat in and the dog out. turn on the radio so that it was warmed up in time for me dad to hear the 8 o'clock news, find out which of his favourite pubs hadn't been bombed. happy days.

Younpusgthe controller button

you a wannabee scouser?

Reply to Nest Thermostat wiring issues in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net