Discuss Networking courses/training.. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

I’d like to know how the hell anyone connects and crimps in a network cable into a RJ45 plug! Looks fiddly on YouTube but impossible when you try it for real!

I’d like to know how the hell anyone connects and crimps in a network cable into a RJ45 plug! Looks fiddly on YouTube but impossible when you try it for real!

The simple way is NOT to use crimp plugs (unless absolutely necessary) but to terminate in punch down sockets and use a short patch lead.
If you cannot get away without crimping a plug be aware that there are two types of plug, one for solid conductors (for the "installed" cabling) and another for the multi-stranded cable used for patch leads.
Good Luck if you do try crimping, but if you're not used to it, the cost of the additional components is easily covered by the shorter time taken (and the less stress :) )

The simple way is NOT to use crimp plugs (unless absolutely necessary) but to terminate in punch down sockets and use a short patch lead.
If you cannot get away without crimping a plug be aware that there are two types of plug, one for solid conductors (for the "installed" cabling) and another for the multi-stranded cable used for patch leads.
Good Luck if you do try crimping, but if you're not used to it, the cost of the additional components is easily covered by the shorter time taken (and the less stress :) )
Yes, must admit that I’d come to that conclusion but also wondering if some RJ45 plugs were easier to wire into than others.

I have done a panduit course run by the cisco training centres, not too complex but explains the types of network set up and things like subnetting which is a way to increase network capacity as the old ip address systems were not designed for the current amount of devices.
will also cover termination and different types of cable such as 25 pair and 110 blocks. if you look on netacad.com and search in your area you will find your nearest cisco academy location.

However, when all is said and done sometimes you will learn more by buying the textbooks and some materials and do it yourself by experimentation, you arent setting up servers and are only looking at the hardware side so its quite straight forward

Reply to Networking courses/training.. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net