Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Neutral/earth monitoring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. lj.l

lj.l Electrician's Arms

Hi

I'm need a bit of assistance ,I'm carrying out a installation on a shipping container that will be used to test wave power machines, basically it is a off grid system in a box that will float on a bouy in the the sea.The earth comes from a bonded neutral system there will also be an earth spike which will be in the sea,there are no RCDs as this was a client request, my concern is if the supply neutral was to become dissconected the metal container would be live so I'm looking for a way to monitor the earth and neutral for faults so the system can be remotely shut down.
    I'm sure the sunny island inverters would shut down in the event of a fault but I'm looking for a belt and braces approach.
    Any ideas ? Sorry for the long post.