Discuss New build bungalows xxxxxxxxx cxxxxxxxx cxx in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

stidge

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all , been asked to wire 4 x new bungalows. They want me to put in tv etc but they are not sure which system as they will have the choice of sky, virgin or bt . What would you tv pros pull in cable wise ? Cat 6 , shotgun cable ? They are bungalows with stone cladding and living roofs so must be pulled in on first fix ! Please advise cheers

Wire everything back to a central point and you can’t go far wrong.....have a duct put in from the central point to outside Incase they go for virgin then the fiber etc can be pulled through the duct. Run 3 twin WF100’s to dish position, run a twin out to each TV point and chuck another twin in to the main TV point so you have a return, aerial and twin sat. Worth running at least 1 cat 5 out to each Point and and a few to the main TV point.

Wire everything back to a central point and you can’t go far wrong.....have a duct put in from the central point to outside Incase they go for virgin then the fiber etc can be pulled through the duct. Run 3 twin WF100’s to dish position, run a twin out to each TV point and chuck another twin in to the main TV point so you have a return, aerial and twin sat. Worth running at least 1 cat 5 out to each Point and and a few to the main TV point.

As long as someone's paying for all that. Must new builds just get av point in the lounge, and some coaxial to the main bedroom.

As long as someone's paying for all that. Must new builds just get av point in the lounge, and some coaxial to the main bedroom.
Not in the new builds I do...Every bedroom has a coax point but I run in a twin so there is a spare for future. Main tv point has a quadplex module, return and Bt on the same plate and also a cat 5 on its own plate run from main BT/router position.

Ducting,and even the type of cabling discussed,is relatively cheap,and it amazes me,that the set-up Lee described,is not a standard spec.
Retro fitting a missing cable,in an older property,is bad enough,but the way new-builds are usually constructed,the same task can make a right old mess.

In the case of the OP,i would agree that whoever is paying,needs to say what goes in.

Thanks mate

Reply to New build bungalows xxxxxxxxx cxxxxxxxx cxx in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net