Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss New circuits wired into a plastic consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. TJC1

TJC1 Regular EF Member

Had to install a ring main & cooker circuit for a new kitchen we have been doing.

The consumer unit is hager split load but is plastic. There is no room in the cupboard to add another board and the customers dont want to pay for a board change.

I guess i could just note on the form saying customers did not want to change to metal?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

As long as it is safe for continued use is does not need replacing it is fine to add circuits to it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. TJC1

TJC1 Regular EF Member

Sweet

4. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

I'm touched:D

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    WE KNOW.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    not only that, but scaremongers ( get rich quick cowboys) are telling the public that their plastic CUs are "illegal". it's time someone clamped down and educated the general public. where's niceic when you need them? hiding away looking for unauthorised use of their logo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell. Electrician's Arms

Its about time they got a finger out of their f hole , and start puting in the country to write about part p on the tv and national news papers and not Chinese whispers ,considering they started. It all ,shout from the roof tops ,and makeing monie off peaple like you and me .they are no different to the maffia.

8. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    buzz, you ever considered a job as a proof reader? :D:D:D.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Ian1981

Ian1981 Forum Mentor

Do all the other schemes educate the general public on plastic CU’s other than the Niceic?

10. TJC1

TJC1 Regular EF Member

I work for my dad who has been NICEIC for the last 30 years. As i'm slowly getting more involved in the company i'm not sure whether the NICEIC is the way to go? A lot of other electrcians seems to be going NAPIT or over to STORMA

11. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    whilst the nicnic may be a pain in the arse, it's the most widely regognised. might be a case of stick with the devil you know.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 45140

45140 Regular EF Member

They would be better off telling people to leave electrical work well alone and call in an electrician. :mad:

13. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell. Electrician's Arms

Its about time they got a finger out of their f hole , and start putting in the country to write about part p on the tv and national news papers and not Chinese whispers ,considering they started. It all and shout from the roof tops about it ,and making money off peaple like you and me, they are no different to the mafia, it no good doing it with talk and tap the same time.
    I was proofing this again at the library . :p:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. chrisdungan

chrisdungan Active EF Member

What is wrong with plastic? Is there space on the board to add the extra MCBs?, no problem.
    I'm kiwi, worked in the UK, wondered why you english don't use Plastic DBs in my country it's the weird guys who use metal

15. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

In the UK, it’s the weird guys who put a rod in when they have an MEN supply.