Discuss new db no eicr in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bigspark17

-
Arms
Reaction score
Went to a job yesterday where a previous spark had upraded db to dual rcd fair enough job look to standards but customer told me spark had done no eicr? Is this acceptable? Is there a loophole in system?

Went to a job yesterday where a previous spark had upraded db to dual rcd fair enough job look to standards but customer told me spark had done no eicr? Is this acceptable? Is there a loophole in system?

You don't fill in an EICR for a board change.

EIC and LABC notification mandatory.

Seems they had a cowboy round.

What do you mean where I got it from? It's the way I like to do it so I cover my back with paperwork, so what exactly are you classing as " necessary tests"
global IR, Ze, IR between neutrals...

- - - Updated - - -

Yay , the bad tempered messiah has returned !
not a moment to soon either , was hard work being extra rude in your absence.
;-)
never mind..
i`ll take over from here...

I just don't see with your " necessary tests" how you pick up potential problems when you then carry out out your EIC. Wouldn't you rather know what your going to find before you start swapping the board . And no not clever I didn't imply you was a cowboy we just do things differently. If your happy with how you do it carry on as I will carry on how I do.

I just don't see with your " necessary tests" how you pick up potential problems when you then carry out out your EIC. Wouldn't you rather know what your going to find before you start swapping the board . And no not clever I didn't imply you was a cowboy we just do things differently. If your happy with how you do it carry on as I will carry on how I do.
Onions , Glenn spark is right I would say 90% of sparks don't do an eicr before cu change, like Glenn says if he does a global ir and tests between neutrals etc., then he is not going to get any surprises is he.....simples

i usually do a visual, check earthing and bonding, Ze, global IR tests, and a couple of random Zs readings, prior to a CU change. don't think a full 9 page EICR is necessary.

I agree with both...I technically do an eicr before any db change...but I dont write it up or officially issue it to customer. Its for my benefit so I know circuits are not faulty etc...I fix any faults or remedials before db change.

Different blokes different strokes. I like to know exactly what the installation is like before I go swapping dis boards. I can then let the customer know all the problems before hand. No big surprises for them or me this way. And as long as they are Happy to pay for it I am happy to do it.

Different blokes different strokes. I like to know exactly what the installation is like before I go swapping dis boards. I can then let the customer know all the problems before hand. No big surprises for them or me this way. And as long as they are Happy to pay for it I am happy to do it.
And there is nothing wrong with that onions, I would rather a sparks be cautious than just slap a new board on and cross their fingers, and like I said earlier most don't do a EICR ( me included ) but fair play if you do.

Reply to new db no eicr in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net