Discuss New drill, Makita or DeWalt? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
My SDS is on its way out, over heating and the battery drains down much quicker than normal so time to get a new corded SDS drill. Looking at these two atm

Makita HR2470WX/2 3kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 240V | SDS Plus 3 Function | NoLinkingToThis

or

DeWalt D25013N-GB 2kg SDS+ Hammer Drill 240V | SDS Plus 3 Function | NoLinkingToThis

I've used the DeWalt before and it is a good bit of kit, anyone got views and opinions about the two above?

MY mate has the Makita and it is lasting well, he is a builder so it gets its share.

Personally I prefer Bosch for my corded drills.

Had a similar dewalt in 110 flavour. Only just gave up before Xmas after 8 years of drilling and chiselling. It was the core cutting that killed the clutch .... Oops.
Don't know about current dewalt quality compared to 8 years ago though...

That's the problem, My Bosch drills are ancient and have only had brushes and regular good clean outs.
I think the appearance of most new drills is flimsy in comparison.

bosch corded for me, the makita drill doesnt look as good quality.

get the professional one though with replaceable chuck

be careful with bosh though, they make a drill with a non standard chuck i think they call it the uneo or something, im not sure what drills they use that chuck on but you want an

sds+

Last edited:
Ok we have another contender

Bosch GBH 2-24 D 2kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 240V | SDS Plus 3 Function | NoLinkingToThis

As you may guess I'm looking at around the £100-£150 range. It will get a lot of stick in the years to come so I dont want to spend £300 kind of thing.

That is similar to the one I have only mine is the older version without the variable speed. The one I have with the variable speed gave problems with the trigger and needed cleaning regular with electrical cleaning spray.

Both drills are brilliant though and can handle the 100mm core cutter. (hat on)

That is similar to the one I have only mine is the older version without the variable speed. The one I have with the variable speed gave problems with the trigger and needed cleaning regular with electrical cleaning spray.

Both drills are brilliant though and can handle the 100mm core cutter. (hat on)
which spray? i use ipa myself and ill lol whenever people struggle with there drills because of crud etc.

i try to keep all my gear reasonably clean so they dont jam etc

Thanks for that, I will look later.
not the cheapest at maplin now ive looked

£15 for 1L

44e95f4f18367f92067ad26031e0dd0f.jpg

57435894450ce7a33dee8bb40e01316d.jpg

502a21f97c87bbce19944d3264057c01.jpg

Last edited:
not the cheapest at maplin now ive looked

£15 for 1L

44e95f4f18367f92067ad26031e0dd0f.jpg

57435894450ce7a33dee8bb40e01316d.jpg

502a21f97c87bbce19944d3264057c01.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to do that.
I will have a think about it. I am sure your post will be of help to others too.

I have just been getting my wholesaler to get me a spray tin whenever I have needed it . I confess to using brake cleaner too lol.

Reply to New drill, Makita or DeWalt? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net