Discuss New electric cooker causing power to trip at fuse. The fuse is reluctant to flick back on after. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

There will be 101 better ways to do it like MF JB in the ceiling under the floor or even a screw type JB in the attic. Personally when I stick a JB anywhere even if it’s MF I like to make sure it can still be accessed even if there is no requirements for it to be I’ve seen “wago type” connectors either knock offs or other legitimate brands fail spectacularly, so even with MF it probably isn’t the best of ideas to make it totally inaccessible.
Meh I was only citing regulation.. Not what was the better answer. Like I said.. Never had to bury a joint in a wall soo..

Yea as I said I agree less than ideal, I suppose I depends how far it's being moved as well... 3" or 4" not so bad 12+"... Not sure why I got a disagree for it though @123
Show me an MF junction box that is suitable to be plastered over, and I'll gladly remove the disagree if I can find the post again. Wagoboxes and the Hager one definitely aren't suitable.

And then you have to take into account safe zones for wiring, which I just don't see why 3" to 4" would be not so bad, it's wrong and none compliant.

Show me an MF junction box that is suitable to be plastered over, and I'll gladly remove the disagree if I can find the post again. Wagoboxes and the Hager one definitely aren't suitable.

And then you have to take into account safe zones for wiring, which I just don't see why 3" to 4" would be not so bad, it's wrong and none compliant.

Nah by all means keep your disagree as I was just asking for clarification.
I swear it's permitted (I'm prob wrong) if its deeper then 50mm? Admittedly that's not likely to be the case.

I really don't think we have all the facts on this one .......................
I was stood watching....

Father in law put it in... I say we as I went and got all parts....

Other forum members have already pointed out the error of our ways.

If you don't have anything constructive to add like other forum members please just move onto the next post.

Most appreciated

Personally I disagree with anything buried in the wall if there is no indication at all that it's there. It's a disaster waiting to happen if there's cables floating around and no accessories to give even a hint they exist.

Jointing method doesn't come into it.

I could agree with this sentiment all day long. Don't hide anything! Hiding things is just done as it's the cheapest and easiest solution at the time, but invariably leads to confusion and expense at some point down the line.

Also jointing method, for me I have no problem with soundly prepared and well torqued screw terminals. No problem with MF connection either, I'm just not convinced it will end up particularly more reliable in the very long term.

Axiom Junction Box 30A 3 Terminal White - https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p28404

Was this connection box.

Was cooker cable joined inside with screws.

Hmmm... £1.12 not entirely wisely spent. Could you go back into the wall with a small hole, retrieve the junction box and cables and bring them back through the wall and make the connections in a back box with a nice neat blanking plate to cover it? That way it's accessible.

By 'could you' I mean, would it be possible to do it this way, and if so, probably best to get a local spark to do it so he can test everything after making the alterations. Then it's sorted for now and the future.

I was stood watching....

Father in law put it in... I say we as I went and got all parts....

Other forum members have already pointed out the error of our ways.

If you don't have anything constructive to add like other forum members please just move onto the next post.

Most appreciated
Wrexham is not too far from me. I'd be happy to come over and sort it out for you. As I am now semi-retired, my call out charges are somewhat lower than usual. If I can help, then pm me.

Please just get a qualified Electrician to come round and have a look.....And tell the father in law to leave things alone

This..... Get him to remove the Crabtree RCD And get him to sort out the horrible segregation of the circuits at your CCU! You have all your lights and general sockets on one RCD so in the event of a fault on that side of the CCU you will end up in the dark.:eek:

Wrexham is not too far from me. I'd be happy to come over and sort it out for you. As I am now semi-retired, my call out charges are somewhat lower than usual. If I can help, then pm me.
Top man. Have a busy weekend or two ahead so I'll let u know

Reply to New electric cooker causing power to trip at fuse. The fuse is reluctant to flick back on after. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock