Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss New electric heating system in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. littlespark

littlespark Electrician's Arms

Advice being sought.

I've been asked to price up a new heating system for a local village hall.
    At the moment they have high wall mounted panels that don't work too well. (the committee that run the hall say half of them don't work anyway)

I picked up a brochure from the wholesalers for Rointe Kyros radiators.
    Anyone had experience with these and are they as efficient as the brochure makes out?

The hall is in a rural village, no gas or oil tank.

2. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Electric heating is efficient but still pricey to run. I normally fit Haverland over Rointe. Have they not thought about an air source heat pump and wet system or electric boiler and a wet system?

• Like Like x 1
  3. solarsavings

solarsavings Electrician's Arms

Air 2 water heat pump with fan coil rads.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. littlespark

I don't think they would get a grant for a wet system however its heated.
    They will be looking at costs and if its cheaper to alter whats there rather than a complete new system, that's what they will go for.

Its just the hall. The kitchen area and toilets were renovated recently and new heaters put in then.

I'll look at Haverland next week.

5. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

This what I am installing in the Shed:

580W Classic Infrared Heating Panel - https://www.suryaheating.co.uk/580w-classic-infrared-heating-panel.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwkMbaBRBAEiwAlH5v_kQN7TQcdsU9XQYkXw51kGD9KG1kNO2l8Ohbojl7OY2TEXlTkxzo9BoCa1UQAvD_BwE

Architect says they are ideal for village halls etc which is why he specified them, and I love them because they are easy ceiling mount...maybe, when I actually get to install them in about 3 weeks' time I might not like them so much, but I'll let you know.

6. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    I think you have to consider things like keeping the heat in ie good insulation etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. littlespark

Re #5.
    I think the panels they have up just now are infra red... Seems to ring a bell.
    Maybe somebody more scientific can confirm something.
    Is it right in saying infra red only heats bodies up, not the space around them?? More specifically, people feel the heat on their skin.
    So any room thermostat would never heat up, and the heaters would be running constantly.

That may be complete BS, but I seem to remember somebody saying something along those lines.

The ceiling mount will have to stay. I'm thinking if they have kids in the hall, cant have anything hot where they can touch. I suppose an attractive wire mesh guard would be ok to keep them off.

Funny story;- Previous employment in Dundee. Company had a contract to maintain the local high schools. One day I had to go in to repair any faulty storage heaters.
    Most were just missing the control dials, but one was found to have no front panel.
    It was outside. The kids had tore it off and were using it as a sledge. Nice and warm.

8. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    install a log burner, then all the villagers can bring in their scrap Ikea wardrobes and other gash furniture. free heat. could also run some radiators off it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Made me think have you sold that sofa yet:p.

10. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    went ages ago. £100. buyer collected.