Discuss New install. Is there an way to lengthen zone valve wiring. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all. This afternoon I've been have a look at the heating system install at a recent rewire. During first fix the wiring center location was agreed with the plumber.

It's an S-plan with ufh, however the zone valves are located 4m apart so neither of the standard zone valve cables will reach the wiring center.

Is it possible to fit longer cables to zone valves or is it a junction box job?

Thanks

And make sure you get them the right way round, half the ones I’ve seen are fitted with the socket connected to the valve and the plug to the supply!
Can you tell me which colour wires go to connections 1, 2 and 3 please. I'm wiring two motorised valves in and have brown, orange and grey to wire in. The neutral and earth are marked clearly on the connectors so I have no problem with those.

Can you tell me which colour wires go to connections 1, 2 and 3 please. I'm wiring two motorised valves in and have brown, orange and grey to wire in. The neutral and earth are marked clearly on the connectors so I have no problem with those.

There is no standard for this, it is up to the installer to decide which terminals they wish to use.

If you are replacing existing valves then just note down which wire is connected to which terminal before removing the old cable.

If it is a new install then it is up to you which terminals you use for what.

Also be aware that some existing installs may not have followed the labels for the neutral and earth, sadly some plumbers just don't think about these things.

OK, I don't want a tradesmen to come here in the future and say, "who the dickens wired this up?". :)

These connectors have their pros and cons it seems. I'm installing them anyway as it kind of makes sense with a two valve system.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was going to suggest just running a 6core cable as most of the conductors are 'commoned up' but just re-read the post that the valves are 4m apart so probably not practical.

Apologies, I revived this thread originally started in 2018 and my question was solely in regards to the reg 105 plug and socket connectors that were mentioned in a couple of posts here.

Reply to New install. Is there an way to lengthen zone valve wiring. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net