Discuss New installation addition or alteration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

greyhound

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have a relatively simple query!! I've recently completed a rewire however the existing upstairs and downstairs lighting circuits were not replaced as they are in good condition and were rewired a few years ago! I have slightly altered the aforementioned circuits for example adding a shaver socket to the upstairs lighting circuit.
I would be very grateful if you could give me your opinions on whether I should tick the new installation or addition and alteration boxes on the electrical installation certificates. I have considered doing a separate minor works certificate for the existing circuits but not sure. Your views on this matter will be very useful as I have my Elecsa assessment this week.

Thanks

Its an alteration. The description box should be used wisely and for peace of mind retest all circuits and put it all on one EIC. Doing an EIC and multiple MWC's is daft.

you tick the new installation box for the rewire...

the stuff that was deemed good for continued service...but had some additions also needs to be recorded...
so you would also tick the additions box....

and note what has been done....I.E...new installation...how many circuits...the type (sockets, cooker etc)

then note what was done as far as the alterations are concerned to any existing final circuits...

- - - Updated - - -

what i`m saying is both the new install and the additions boxes would be ticked here...

I would disagree Glen the new in installation box should only be ticked for a complete rewire this guy has carried out alterations and additions

Ok then how can you carry out alterations and additions on a circuit that has been removed?

Filling two lots of paperwork out is just silly really when one will do.

As long as it is clearly described what the additons/alterations are

you tick the new installation box for the rewire...

the stuff that was deemed good for continued service...but had some additions also needs to be recorded...
so you would also tick the additions box....

and note what has been done....I.E...new installation...how many circuits...the type (sockets, cooker etc)

then note what was done as far as the alterations are concerned to any existing final circuits...

- - - Updated - - -

what i`m saying is both the new install and the additions boxes would be ticked here...

Spot on, Glenn.
All results together...Additional note explaining the situation re. alterations.

IMO I sort of agree with Glenn, but I believe it would be New installation box ticked (re-wire) and Alteration box ticked (as you've altered the OCPD for the existing lighting circuits) although you could argue that you've also made additions to these existing circuits as well, if you'd added to the circuits........However, I wouldnt worry too much, as I would have a detailed description of the work carried out in the appropriate box (as much detail as would fit that is)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to New installation addition or alteration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net