Discuss New Installation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jimmyb

hello all, can someone please advice me the best way of filling out EIC form when doing sub-main supplies.

I doing a log cabin installation and i have made the cabin a tt due to the supply being 30 meters away and being TN-CS.

The bit I'm not sure on is where, if at all, do i put the earth rod resistance of the cabin as I'm only recording the supply characteristics and i thought this maybe should noted some where.
I did a house rewire and new garage installation last month and noted on the certificate garage supply on it own line and wrote on under Zs colum the earth rod resistance and then started a new line with the garage circuits and after talking to a few others I'm now think i may of done it wrong and maybe should i have done 2 certificates but i dont really know so was hoping you guys could help me out with this one as i dont want to get it wrong especially twice.

thanks for any advice's
jim:)

You mention sub-main, I take you have a second board for the cabin then? If so then you would have a second schedule of test results, as each board must have its own schedule. So...

1 x page for client details etc.
1 x sheet for supply characteristics and earthing arrangements
1 x inspection schedule certificate
2 x shedule of test results

so on the second schedule of test results you would state it's a TT system and make a note of its earth electrode resistance.

Hope this helps!:D

Thanks for the quick reply, i think ive got it but just check i use elseca sheets which has on :-

sheet (1) - cilent details, supply characteristics and particulars of installation

sheet (2) - Shedule of items inspected and installed circuit details for 9 circuits

sheet (3) - Continuation sheet

so as i as understand i would want 1 x sheet (1) , 1 x sheet (2) with details of submain and a seperate continuation sheet ( sheet (3) ) for log cabin just showing circuit test results to which i make a note of earth rod resistance some where or do i use 1 x sheet (2) again

sorry to be a pain and thanks for replying brightspark

Reply to New Installation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net