Discuss New iPhone September 2018 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

and i thought you pirates communicated using a mirror and sunlight.

We use flags for close contact work, and messages in bottles if shipwrecked...
never any shortage of empties!

what about the low seas? i understand the Dead Sea is 1000 ft. below sea level. maybe no signal there though as you be in a dip.

my biggest issue with my iphone, by far, is the carp quality of the lightning connectors and cables ............. they are rubbish

My old android phone had a micro usb connection and I never had to replace the cable............

It's quite a coincidence, talking of cost of phone vs holiday...

I wrote this Apple Rant back in 2015

THE APPLE RANT…

Too many people are following the lemming road...and that stupidity is why Apple succeeds...

It's clever marketing, no doubt about that, and many are quite happy to be ignorant, and thus display that ignorance, by blindly following their acquisitive instincts to acquire the "latest thing". It is time to stop. Why throw away a perfectly good mobile phone/pod/pad just to have the latest gadget, the old ones being consigned to landfill? We have to stop this total waste. Apple have cornered the market in exploitation in this area. Look, I have an iPod! Look, I have a super new dock which charges my iPod as well as broadcasting my tunes around the house! Look, my computer has been totally taken over by iTunes! Look, I have just bought the latest iPod! Oh...look...the charger I had doesn't work...

Oh...look...the expensive dock I have plays the tunes but doesn't charge my iPod...

Ah, here's my new iPhone! Look how shiny and new it is! and look too...it makes calls, does texts and emails and it has a new charging/download socket that isn't the same as my old charger which I will throw away...

Ah! At last! The latest version of my iPhone has been released and it's only a squillion dollars, has no charger because that's extra...and my old one doesn't work with it...never mind, I'll throw it away into landfill and get that new one with the lightning connector...

How lucky am I? 3 iPods, 3 iPhones...and none of them works with any of the 6 previous docks and chargers! Brilliant! I am a stupid lemming! I love it! Apple has grabbed me and made me part with loads of money...and am I any better off in any way? well, yes! I have a gadget that plays tunes and a phone that does everything my last 2 did! How clever am I? Not very...

But when the NEXT pod/phone is released I will rush lemming-like to give my hard earned cash to Apple, because I am so stupid as to believe that having the next version from launch is a cool, clever, fulfilling and clever thing to do!

So far in this short progression, and not even mentioning iPads, I have spent a couple of grand, I have 6 redundant chargers and docks, I have a computer which tries to force me to iTunes every time I boot it up, and demands control of all my downloads, yet when I want to copy all the stuff I have already paid for it tells me bad news...you know the messages.

Try this:

Use your gadgets til they break down, then recycle the whole package.

Buy what YOU need..NEED! Not what you think is cool...

resist the "takeover mentality" and thus break the ridiculous Apple stranglehold. I admire it from a marketing viewpoint...it's brilliant! However it raids your wallet, and for the vulnerable, stupid people in the world, the gullible and ill-informed, the poorly advised and those who are not intelligent enough to realise they are being manipulated, it is a crime. Those categories make up the majority, so protect them, educate them and point out that a phone upgrade can cost as much as a family holiday...

Rant over!
Mines broke, need a new one. Rant over.

I'm not sure about the low seas Tel...but I might give that Dead Sea a go, as i'm a bit of a dip-maniac!
or is that dipsomaniac...yes, that's right!

It's quite a coincidence, talking of cost of phone vs holiday...

I wrote this Apple Rant back in 2015

THE APPLE RANT…

Too many people are following the lemming road...and that stupidity is why Apple succeeds...

It's clever marketing, no doubt about that, and many are quite happy to be ignorant, and thus display that ignorance, by blindly following their acquisitive instincts to acquire the "latest thing". It is time to stop. Why throw away a perfectly good mobile phone/pod/pad just to have the latest gadget, the old ones being consigned to landfill? We have to stop this total waste. Apple have cornered the market in exploitation in this area. Look, I have an iPod! Look, I have a super new dock which charges my iPod as well as broadcasting my tunes around the house! Look, my computer has been totally taken over by iTunes! Look, I have just bought the latest iPod! Oh...look...the charger I had doesn't work...

Oh...look...the expensive dock I have plays the tunes but doesn't charge my iPod...

Ah, here's my new iPhone! Look how shiny and new it is! and look too...it makes calls, does texts and emails and it has a new charging/download socket that isn't the same as my old charger which I will throw away...

Ah! At last! The latest version of my iPhone has been released and it's only a squillion dollars, has no charger because that's extra...and my old one doesn't work with it...never mind, I'll throw it away into landfill and get that new one with the lightning connector...

How lucky am I? 3 iPods, 3 iPhones...and none of them works with any of the 6 previous docks and chargers! Brilliant! I am a stupid lemming! I love it! Apple has grabbed me and made me part with loads of money...and am I any better off in any way? well, yes! I have a gadget that plays tunes and a phone that does everything my last 2 did! How clever am I? Not very...

But when the NEXT pod/phone is released I will rush lemming-like to give my hard earned cash to Apple, because I am so stupid as to believe that having the next version from launch is a cool, clever, fulfilling and clever thing to do!

So far in this short progression, and not even mentioning iPads, I have spent a couple of grand, I have 6 redundant chargers and docks, I have a computer which tries to force me to iTunes every time I boot it up, and demands control of all my downloads, yet when I want to copy all the stuff I have already paid for it tells me bad news...you know the messages.

Try this:

Use your gadgets til they break down, then recycle the whole package.

Buy what YOU need..NEED! Not what you think is cool...

resist the "takeover mentality" and thus break the ridiculous Apple stranglehold. I admire it from a marketing viewpoint...it's brilliant! However it raids your wallet, and for the vulnerable, stupid people in the world, the gullible and ill-informed, the poorly advised and those who are not intelligent enough to realise they are being manipulated, it is a crime. Those categories make up the majority, so protect them, educate them and point out that a phone upgrade can cost as much as a family holiday...

Rant over!
Jeeeez you have issues,

work harder earn more, the cost of a £1000 iPhone then is insignificant weighted against your earnings.

Take home £1000 per week then its only 5 days wages.......

I'm not sure about the low seas Tel...but I might give that Dead Sea a go, as i'm a bit of a dip-maniac!
or is that dipsomaniac...yes, that's right!
Spend less on being a dipsomaniac then you could afford an iPhone and be in a fit state to use it, your poor Windows phones has had to put up with a lot of drunkard ramblings over the last year........ ;o)))))

Still using a 6plus and now on SIM only. Son tried moving to Google PIXEL but had moved back to Apple ....spoilt so and so. He’s now on an iPhone X! Something wrong here :confused: If I do upgrade it will be to a second hand year old model. So used to Apple but resent the over pricing. Funny how the battery issues were not contested when class actions were launched against Apple.

That gets a funny from me, SWD!
Actually, I CAN afford an iPhone, but I don't want one.
The pedrtive txt on mi widnose fon has lernded my dwunkn wurdis relly guid!

Still using a 6plus and now on SIM only. Son tried moving to Google PIXEL but had moved back to Apple ....spoilt so and so. He’s now on an iPhone X! Something wrong here :confused: If I do upgrade it will be to a second hand year old model. So used to Apple but resent the over pricing. Funny how the battery issues were not contested when class actions were launched against Apple.

----, I was just about to 'Add To Trolley' an iPhone 8 at Argos.

Oh, I missed that one...
I have worked very hard all my life, and now I can do absolutely nothing all day, and still buy an iphone...I don't do nothing, as you know...I work 5 days a week for zero, so please don't say I have issues, SWD...I may have problems, that's the old-fashioned term, but I don't need to be told off for having opinions either.
On the other hand, I do love the banter! Keep it up!

Cheaper to replace a £120 phone when you drop it in to your barrel of rum then a £1000 iPhone...... Pirates Logic ;o)))))
don't put ideas into his yed. he'll soak the phone in rum and then use it as a dummy.

Did drop it in the loo...sat it on the radiator overnight, good as new!
Rum, though...fks it up totally with all dat sugar!

oh, and it still gets Radio Luxembourg!
or was that another thread?

Pirate is now after a Motorola DynaTAC.........

New iPhone September 2018 Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 12.09.28 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to New iPhone September 2018 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock