Discuss New lamona cooker hood tripping both rcds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, installed a new lamona cooker hood as part of a kitchen refit. Connected to 6a lighting circuit on switched 3a fuse supply. All tested fine, but use any function on hood, and dual rcds trip. Checked wiring, all ok, fused switch is new click, but since not tripping when this is switched on, sure it’s not that. Fused switch as it’s own independent cabling. Before I remove extractor And frog march back to howdens, any one any constructive ideas?

Hi, installed a new lamona cooker hood as part of a kitchen refit. Connected to 6a lighting circuit on switched 3a fuse supply. All tested fine, but use any function on hood, and dual rcds trip. Checked wiring, all ok, fused switch is new click, but since not tripping when this is switched on, sure it’s not that. Fused switch as it’s own independent cabling. Before I remove extractor And frog march back to howdens, any one any constructive ideas?
Where exactly have you connected the cooker hood to the lighting circuit?

Out of interest why did you feed it from the lighting circuit if you have taken it direct from the consumer unit? I assumed you had taken a feed from the lighting circuit because you could pick it up near to the location of the hood.

Have you connected the N to the corresponding N busbar? you may have created a "borrowed N condition"
Wisps gold to that man, I had indeed borrowed neutral, problem resolved, thank you sir[/QUOTE]
Glad we could help out

Of course, you do know that connecting directly to the consumer constitutes a new circuit??

This work therefore needs to be notified to the local authority, and of course you'll be providing an installation certificate that confirms that all of the tests you have done meets the requirements of BS7671?

Of course you will:rolleyes:

Are we talking of Approved doc F?

Not all bathrooms require an extractor fan. I'm just in an argumentative frame of mind. I wouldn't put a cooker hood on a lighting circuit.

It's a radial circuit with a 6amp OCPD.
If it offends then just label it on the CU as lighting and extractor fan.

On the 32amp ring final (oh the label just says 'sockets'.)
And there are a couple of FCUs on there, .

What am I to do??? Create another circuit labelled FCUs? Do me a favour.

Reply to New lamona cooker hood tripping both rcds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net