Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss New Laser Level to buy in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. PaulUK1990

PaulUK1990 EF Member

Hello.

I have had a Makita laser for 2 years but it fell out the van last week and is goosed.

What would you recommend to replace with?

Cheers

2. Sparksaflyin

Sparksaflyin Regular EF Member

Dewalt dce089d1g. Had it for about a year now. Best laser I’ve owned by a long shot. Even better if you already own some of the 10.8v dewalt line.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PaulUK1990

PaulUK1990 EF Member

Thanks

All my kit is Makita 18V. I will have a look at the Dewalt though.

Cheers

4. Sparksaflyin

I already had quite a few bits from the dewalt 10.8v range, so was ab easy choice for me

5. Sparksaflyin

My main kit is all 18v makita range though. Best price/quality balance imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I binned my Makita stuff a few years ago and changed all over to Dewalt...I wouldn’t go back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JK-Electrical

JK-Electrical Electrician's Arms

I agree. Easily the best laser that I've owned too. Highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    I was always makita myself, but all the cordless is now Dewalt, the only makita item still used is the mains sds occasionally for tracking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

Most makes of tools are as good as each other, shame the batteries are not interchangeable.
    I used to like DeWalt, Elu and Black and Decker, because they had repair shops where they would either repair a tool immediately, or lend you one whilst they waited for parts.
    Now I’ve gone for Makita, primarily because their drill chucks and grinders are better.

10. Sparksaflyin

I’d like to change over to Milwaukee. The build quality of their tools seems far superior, their gearboxes feel and sound so much smoother than anything on the market. They’re a lot pricier though for what they are, their range is nowhere near as extensive as makita or dewalt and when you have 9 batts and god knows how many pieces of kit in one range it’s hard to justify chopping it all in until it starts playing up.

11. Sparksaflyin

But as far as Laser levels go, there is nothing even close to the dewalt I mentioned on the market now imo. Not atleast until you jump up to the very expensive rotarys, which cost thousands and are nowhere near as portable.

12. Sparksaflyin

If your interested in a rotary, I have the Leica 6006010 which I only really use for big jobs. Highly recommend it when working on jobs with a huge floor area. You just set it up I middle and away you go. Perfect for massive runs of containment. Exceptional quality and great for the bigger jobs but as I stated in previous comment, it’s pricey but nowhere near as portable. Hope this helps.

13. Dobes_88

Dobes_88 Jamie

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Massive1

Massive1 Trainee Access

I use Makita for impact drivers, Makita & Hilti for hammer drills, Dewalt for mitre saw. As for Drill bits I wouldnt touch Dewalt or Makita if they were free.

15. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

I had a Bosch one, till I damaged it, and then found out Bosch do not do spares.

I got a Stanley SCL-D, which has cross levels & plumb spots. It can also be used on its back (when locked) to align things on ceilings, for marking down lights, cable/trunking runs etc. It also has the added advantage of being repaired with spares!

I purchased it on-linefrom a laser-level company ( :) ) , which have a good web site, demonstrating what the various laser levels can do.

• Informative Informative x 1