Discuss New Laser Level to buy in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Most makes of tools are as good as each other, shame the batteries are not interchangeable.
I used to like DeWalt, Elu and Black and Decker, because they had repair shops where they would either repair a tool immediately, or lend you one whilst they waited for parts.
Now I’ve gone for Makita, primarily because their drill chucks and grinders are better.

Most makes of tools are as good as each other, shame the batteries are not interchangeable.
I used to like DeWalt, Elu and Black and Decker, because they had repair shops where they would either repair a tool immediately, or lend you one whilst they waited for parts.
Now I’ve gone for Makita, primarily because their drill chucks and grinders are better.
I’d like to change over to Milwaukee. The build quality of their tools seems far superior, their gearboxes feel and sound so much smoother than anything on the market. They’re a lot pricier though for what they are, their range is nowhere near as extensive as makita or dewalt and when you have 9 batts and god knows how many pieces of kit in one range it’s hard to justify chopping it all in until it starts playing up.

But as far as Laser levels go, there is nothing even close to the dewalt I mentioned on the market now imo. Not atleast until you jump up to the very expensive rotarys, which cost thousands and are nowhere near as portable.

If your interested in a rotary, I have the Leica 6006010 which I only really use for big jobs. Highly recommend it when working on jobs with a huge floor area. You just set it up I middle and away you go. Perfect for massive runs of containment. Exceptional quality and great for the bigger jobs but as I stated in previous comment, it’s pricey but nowhere near as portable. Hope this helps.

I use Makita for impact drivers, Makita & Hilti for hammer drills, Dewalt for mitre saw. As for Drill bits I wouldnt touch Dewalt or Makita if they were free.

I had a Bosch one, till I damaged it, and then found out Bosch do not do spares.

I got a Stanley SCL-D, which has cross levels & plumb spots. It can also be used on its back (when locked) to align things on ceilings, for marking down lights, cable/trunking runs etc. It also has the added advantage of being repaired with spares!

I purchased it on-linefrom a laser-level company ( :) ) , which have a good web site, demonstrating what the various laser levels can do.

Dewalt DCE088D1G - it's awesome and not too badly priced either.

Whatever you go for, make sure it's a green beam. So much better than the red beam.

Reply to New Laser Level to buy in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net