Discuss New light switch problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lekkie1

I am trying to change a white light switch for a new silver one next to the front door. It has a light in the switch so I can see when the exterior light is left on. It was working fine but I am trying to instal the new silver light switch but it seem to be working back to front. When the neon light is showing on the switch, the light outside is off and vice versa. I am really stumped?

probably because you have the neon wired across the L and S/L. the may not be a N available at the switch.

Reply to New light switch problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I will start by apologizing for the elementary question. I'm sure you get them often. The chandelier is in a hallway controlled by a...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my old white light switches for nice chrome ones but the wires are all red but the new switch has only l1 l2 top and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have an outside light that is turned on with a switch from inside and would like to change it to a PIR version incorporating an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock