Discuss New MCB Board & the garage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

walec

I am now in a postion to apply to join a relevant body for Part P approval.
The CU in my house needs replacing (actually there are currently two as extensions have been added over the years) I will put in a new RCD split board but
I am unsure about the feed to the garage which is away from the house. If I supply the garage from the house do I then put an RCD in the CU in the garage, or do I go directly to a switch in the garage and then go to the CU.
I could put a seperate RCD switch in as there are already two sets of tails.
Just want to know the best way which conforms to 17th

Thanks

What are is the current earthing arrangement in the house? Do you have any extraneous conductive parts in the garage?

If the supply is PME and no extraneous conductive parts i would export the eathing arrangement to the garage, via SWA with non RCD protected at the house end and put a new CU in the garage with RCD.

If PME with extraneous conductive parts i would consider putting the garage if detached on a TT. Or Export PME and Bond Back to house MET

Thanks for your advice, It is PME with extraneous conductive parts in the garage, I will put putting the garage on a TT.
what I am not clear on is the supply to the garage, my understanding is the SWA must be RCD protected, so if
I put it on an RCD in the house what do I do in the garage? I believe that CU also should be RCD protected.

Reply to New MCB Board & the garage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Ok, most new Consumer unit seem to come with a 63A RCCB and two MCBs. Most house consumer units now will also have RCD of some type be it a dual...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hi My main feed comes into the garage, feeds into the meter and then out to another box with a 60AMP fuse then into the house...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock