Discuss New member, Hello I have a headlight relay? problem. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stevekendal

Hi there,
I'm Steve from Cumbria, just joined. I usually mess about with vintage radios and the like, but my Rover Metro has just started playing up and I thought I'd ask for advice before replacing any parts willy nilly.
When I switch the headlights on, the dipped beam doesnt work and the "lights left on" buzzer sounds continuously. Main beam works only if I hold the headlight flasher on. If I remove the buzzer, that stops the noise but the dip still doesnt work. New buzzers are cheap enough but is there another fault here?
Steve. :eek:sama:

The buzzer should only work when the ignition is switched off with lights still switched on......so sounds like light relay has failed

I concur,check light relay operation,also,check switching and power connection in base of fuse board. All electrics on these are pretty simple and robust...i'd be more worried about those water-soluble cills...:innocent:

Reply to New member, Hello I have a headlight relay? problem. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

DIY ENTHUSIAST NEW FORUM MEMBER. I took a photograph of the old wiring set up( which was working) and used it as a guide for wiring the new one...
Replies
Views
Howdy folks. Complete electrical numpty back again with another basic question with a basic answer that I can't find an answer to elsewhere...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone I hope you all well,, I have a question regarding old method install rosy lights-switch and connect in the box,I have a problem...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Forgive me if I don't explain this correctly but I am not experienced with electrics and will be getting an electrician round but this...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
C
Hello and thanks for any advice offered. I've just joined so if I'm breaking any rules please forgive... My issue relates to my Renault Trafic...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock