Discuss New member introduction in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

hba

-
Reaction score
Hi all, a new member/Old DIYer here to ask a question. I've done some of my own home installation in the past but the biggest was installing a storage heater ringmain on a new consumer unit. I have one simple question to ask and later another not so simple, both of which are really asking whether a required change would comply with the ever-changing regs.

Now you mention it, I see that there is one fuse per heater. I'm now doubting my memory of doing the wiring myself, but I must have as I remember getting the electricity board to test and connect the new consumer unit tails. This is well over 30 years ago! My first question (unrelated to the above) is in the DIY forum.

Hi all, a new member/Old DIYer here to ask a question. I've done some of my own home installation in the past but the biggest was installing a storage heater ringmain on a new consumer unit. I have one simple question to ask and later another not so simple, both of which are really asking whether a required change would comply with the ever-changing regs.
B&Q sell paint and garden plants mate.

B&Q sell paint and garden plants mate.
they also include comprehensive installation instructions. e.g. a rool of turf has a leaflet attached. "green side up".

I like your wit, you will do well here

Reply to New member introduction in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock