Discuss New Member needs help with power to loft in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks guys for advice. Had another thought and wondered if it was possible. My fuse box is on outside wall. Could I take a feed from cable running out of fuse box to upstairs sockets and run it up outside of house and into loft. As long as it's encased in a metal conduit would it be okay?

Thanks guys for advice. Had another thought and wondered if it was possible. My fuse box is on outside wall. Could I take a feed from cable running out of fuse box to upstairs sockets and run it up outside of house and into loft. As long as it's encased in a metal conduit would it be okay?

Just to confirm again.. You want to take a feed from an upstairs socket, run it up the outside of your house, into the loft?
How about getting an electrician in to see which is the best way to get your sockets in the loft..

But she is happy with you having a go at the electrics and potentially placing your life, and the life of anyone else in the house in danger?
Well said Dave, and very true as well, it is like those folk who spent 2 grand on a top of the range, range cooker and need to spend 150 quid having the supply upgraded, they cut corners and burn the house down, I have never understood cutting corners.

suggesting feeding sockets from a c/h wiring centre does not seem like competent from where i sit. could always feed from that soapbox you mentioned.

Ask for advice and get a lecture!! Im sure you’ve never challenged yourself! I’m competent in myself and my skills. Get off your soapbox.

What you have to remember mate is that we will give you advice on how to do the job properly.
Quite a few years ago I wanted some sockets moving and adding in the kitchen. It was a simple job and the guy who came to do it asked why I didn't do it myself. I told him that I didn't have the test equipment to test the job afterwards and I wanted a cert for the work as well. The job didn't cost much and I get a cert out of it. Everyone a winner.

I get what you are saying pal and I appreciate your opinion. What I don’t appreciate is members spouting off and being disrespectful. I asked for advice which initially I got then when I asked for further advice it ended with me burning my house down! Some senior members on here need to get off their soapboxes and just offer constructive opinions. There is no need for sarcasm.

I'm afraid sarcasm comes with the territory here. Its trained into us as part of the apprenticeship.

Some members rightly say "get a professional in" when they think a poster is asking something that they believe is out of the posters skill set. sometimes it can be said a little too quickly.

sockets was just for Ariel booster, cctv etc. Not to worry though as Murdoch says its best not too. I'll try another way. Thanks anyway everyone

Ariel is washing powder (no doubt that is why you used a capital letter). How and why do you boost washing powder?

Aerial amplifiers are another thing and are often installed when not really required.

sockets was just for Ariel booster, cctv etc. Not to worry though as Murdoch says its best not too. I'll try another way. Thanks anyway everyone

Ariel is washing powder (no doubt that is why you used a capital letter). How and why do you boost washing powder?

Aerial amplifiers are another thing and are often installed when not really required.

Ask for advice and get a lecture!! Im sure you’ve never challenged yourself! I’m competent in myself and my skills. Get off your soapbox.
I can't my feet are stuck to it, I will try though for you ;)

Let’s play “spot the pedant”
Like these?

?
cat_pendant_cable_sets_8.jpg

Reply to New Member needs help with power to loft in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net