Discuss New member to the forum (Maintenance Electrician) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jason S82

Hi all,

New to the forum but have been sparking for 17 years now including apprenticeship.
Mostly industrial installation but have now moved onto Industrial electrical Maintenance in a Dairy environment.

I joined up as I no longer have the camaraderie of working with other electricians and want to stay in the loop with new going on.

Jason

Hi all,

New to the forum but have been sparking for 17 years now including apprenticeship.
Mostly industrial installation but have now moved onto Industrial electrical Maintenance in a Dairy environment.

I joined up as I no longer have the camaraderie of working with other electricians and want to stay in the loop with new going on.

Jason
Welcome along Jason I moved from Domestic/Commercial/Industrial as a time sered Sparks, went into Maintenance for a bit, then management, back on the tools mostly overseas, retired now but like to keep up with all the new changes, hope you enjoy the forum, it can be a good craic.

Welcome in Jason, take your boots off, pull up a chair and have a cup of tea - moo juice in yours?

The plant makes dried powder for foreign markets so it's not a refrigerated plant like a bottlers.
The fierce heat makes the whole thing a challenge as everything either overheats or becomes brittle and falls apart

Hello guys , I'm not sure if i am in the right place but i don't have any knowledge about electric but have interest in it . I am on a 20 days electrical training course at the moment but it has been difficult for me to catch up as i have failed the Regs exam and Partesting . Please i need help and advice . Thank you

Hello guys , I'm not sure if i am in the right place but i don't have any knowledge about electric but have interest in it . I am on a 20 days electrical training course at the moment but it has been difficult for me to catch up as i have failed the Regs exam and Partesting . Please i need help and advice . Thank you
Hi Mate, think you ought to start your own thread, and gain access to the trainee area, not much good with computors, but if start a new thread you will get some help I'm sure, by the way Partesting? should that be PA testing now known as ISITEE

sorry to pi$$ on your fire, but if you think you can learn what it takes 4 - 6 years of study and training, in 20 days, then you have a rude awakening due.

you are to encourage me dude not to discourage ...

Welcome to the forum.
Don't think tel was trying to discourage you, just telling it like it is.
You need to be aware that no matter what your training scheme tells you, after 20 days you won't be an Electrician, more an informed improver.
Training providers tell you what you want to hear to get your money in their pockets.
Having said that: If your willing to put the effort in & keep on learning after your 20 days ( Some have & become good sparks), then this can be a good industry.

I'll be an apprentice for a while to as to understand basics about domestic works because that is my focus , mainly domestic

you are to encourage me dude not to discourage ...
He's telling you the truth though, those 5 week 'qualified' electrician courses should be named introductory or something along those lines as to become 'qualified' I had to do a 3 year apprenticeship, 2391 testing and AM2 qualifications.

Reply to New member to the forum (Maintenance Electrician) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock