Discuss New Members Posts.............. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
To the powers that be:

Is there a way of changing the current way new members post?
At present they have to wait for the post to be reviewed before it gets posted. I'm all happy with that.
What I don't like is, when the post is reviewed and accepted it get slotted in when the OP posted it. (I presume it gets given that post number but just doesn't show). Many more posts may have been posted by this time and sometimes the OPs post gets missed.

Is there a way of....
1. When the OP posts then a post will show, stating the post is up for review. Then the post will show when it's been reviewed.
2. when the post is reviewed it goes to the end of the posts, like someone posting normally.

Not getting at anyone here.... Just being my usual cheerful self..

haha. you said in a previous thread that your post count of sensible posts would be 2. above is 1. 1 more to go to reach your target. :p:p:p.

haha. you said in a previous thread that your post count of sensible posts would be 2. above is 1. 1 more to go to reach your target. :p:p:p.

I might reach double figures in a few years then...

I do have my sensible moments..

Hi @Dan @Lou
Not sure who can answer my question in post #1.
Just wondering if option 1 or option 2 are possible?

Unfortunately they go in date/time order only, as you point out. Me and @Lou just need to be quicker to approve the genuine guys. But I will be able to relax the anti-spam settings again soon as it seems the spammers are taking the hint by the looks of things. I just don't want to relax quite yet.

I've had quite a lot going on this past few weeks so haven't been as quick as I should be, but I'll make sure I check the mod queue more.

Maybe time for an extra low-level mod or two for during the daytime hours could help a bit long-term too? Up to the staff on that one mind, not the members ;) (just preempting the suggestions there lol)

All new members seem to have their profiles hidden by default. This is making assessing what advice to give very difficult as no-one can see any info they may have entered.
Can this be changed @Dan ?

Maybe time for an extra low-level mod or two for during the daytime hours could help a bit long-term too? Up to the staff on that one mind, not the members ;) (just preempting the suggestions there lol)

I'm sure there will be some volunteers for that... As long as the staff don't mind that is.

I'm sure there will be some volunteers for that... As long as the staff don't mind that is.
Who's been Naughty and who's been nice!! :D:D

You are the MOD mate... that's your job to say... demarcation.... :)
Wash your mouth out with soap, bloody Mod, I'm Admin I'll have you know.;);)

Wash your mouth out with soap, bloody Mod, I'm Admin I'll have you know.;);)

You were classed as a MOD and you always will be a MOD.... what you going to do about it??????

Hold on.... you can actually do something about it.....

Erm.... Yes Sir, you are soooo correct, you wonderful Admin person...

Reply to New Members Posts.............. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net