Discuss New regs books in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mayfair

OK so had to buy new Spanish regs with latest amendments . The main book 753 pages all pages are coated with a wipe clean finish plus 3 small on site ref guides plus 2 quick calc cards total inc postage 22 euros about 18 quid .....looks like a bargain compared to what you guys seem to pay. BTW it includes a code to down load the regs to your phone for free.
IMG_20160504_173956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
About time the IET took notice of European Cousins and produced something like that, might cost a bit more but anything is better than the carp they produce, every time some Politician has a brain furt, looks a good idea to me.

OK so had to buy new Spanish regs with latest amendments . The main book 753 pages all pages are coated with a wipe clean finish plus 3 small on site ref guides plus 2 quick calc cards total inc postage 22 euros about 18 quid .....looks like a bargain compared to what you guys seem to pay. BTW it includes a code to down load the regs to your phone for free.
View attachment 32138

How often are the Spanish regs updated?

But.. Where is the MONEY in making a Easy to clean.. downloadable .. and selling updates..

SHOW ME THE MONEY .. got to see if from ITE point of view they aint a chairty .. they are to get the money out of you any which way they can..

tho a free lap dance would help to sell the books a bit more

Think i was Watch a OLD REPEAT (BBC FOR YOU) Rip off Britian and they talked about Regs books
the Copy ones have better paper .. better binding.. but about 8-10 miss prints and cheaper
Maybe the ITE should HIRE these people that copy them and get them to make it

The last big one was 2004 and a bigish amendments
09 and 14 with bits in between but you dont have to update the books in between the major updates

Why on earth can't the IET do something like this? it's a scam of epic proportions, that every 3 or 4nyears Electricians have to fork out £70 or £80 to line their pockets.

I'm sure most electrical workers wouldn't mind forking out for decent updates to add int their books, I know they, every so often issue toilet paper addition, amendments, whatever you wish to call then.

The Regulations don;t change that drastically from year to year, OK they change, but nothing that can justify the cost of buying new books, new update courses etc, or maybe it's just karma, what does the rest of the forum think, or am I just peeing in the wind?

Maybe a Poll is in order, or a stern letter to the IET, well comments would be nice guys and gals it's your readies, I don't need to buy the Regs only do it out of interest and deference.

Last edited:
Why on earth can't the IET do something like this? it's a scam of epic proportions, that every 3 or 4nyears Electricians have to fork out £70 or £80 to line their pockets.

I'm sure most electrical workers wouldn't mind forking out for decent updates to add int their books, I know they, every so often issue toilet paper addition, amendments, whatever you wish to call then.

The Regulations don;t change that drastically from year to year, OK they change, but nothing that can justify the cost of buying new books, new update courses etc, or maybe it's just karma, what does the rest of the forum think, or am I just peeing in the wind?

Maybe a Poll is in order, or a stern letter to the IET, well comments would be nice guys and gals it's your readies, I don't need to buy the Regs only do it out of interest and deference.

Pete - its not just the Big Book, its the OSG, the guidance notes, etc etc.

Its a rip off for all the people buying them and one BIG gravy train for those producing and selling the stuff.

MAKES ME SO MAD!

Pete - its not just the Big Book, its the OSG, the guidance notes, etc etc.

Its a rip off for all the people buying them and one BIG gravy train for those producing and selling the stuff.

MAKES ME SO MAD!

Agree, but it looks like the Spanish Regs have all those issues covered, it's worth surely?

Gassafe is more logical in this country. According to a mate who's registered any changes to their regs takes the form of loose pages that are inserted into the ring binder the regs come in. So, as an example they get told to remove pages 65-81 and replace with the new pages sent out. Much more sense. Jobs for the boys and gravy train spring to mind for some reason when I think of The IET.

Gassafe is more logical in this country. According to a mate who's registered any changes to their regs takes the form of loose pages that are inserted into the ring binder the regs come in. So, as an example they get told to remove pages 65-81 and replace with the new pages sent out. Much more sense. Jobs for the boys and gravy train spring to mind for some reason when I think of The IET.

We had loose leaf regs wth the 16th edition and then we went backwards

I'm not sure loose leaf is the answer to be fair - my college file is hanging to bits because I'm in and out it all the time, and the 2 holes per page aren't strong enough to hold.

Digital is the answer. Every man and his dog has an iPad nowadays, and a lot use them for work in some form too. Our digital regs are absolute dog muck - all that is needed is a simple PDF file that is in the same format as our printed book. You can DRM PDF files so there's no excuse for it really. Hells - I have a copy of the red book digitally - I find I use it more than my printed yellow book because it's so accessible.

I'm not sure loose leaf is the answer to be fair - my college file is hanging to bits because I'm in and out it all the time, and the 2 holes per page aren't strong enough to hold.

Digital is the answer. Every man and his dog has an iPad nowadays, and a lot use them for work in some form too. Our digital regs are absolute dog muck - all that is needed is a simple PDF file that is in the same format as our printed book. You can DRM PDF files so there's no excuse for it really. Hells - I have a copy of the red book digitally - I find I use it more than my printed yellow book because it's so accessible.

With you on normal loose leaf stuff mate, a right pain, but this Spanish one is all laminated, so it wont fall to bits that easily, not that difficult for some IET wizard to come up with the goods, oh on second thoughts that would loose them money, stupid thought in the first place.

With you on normal loose leaf stuff mate, a right pain, but this Spanish one is all laminated, so it wont fall to bits that easily, not that difficult for some IET wizard to come up with the goods, oh on second thoughts that would loose them money, stupid thought in the first place.

Oh I agree with that, those Spanish regs look just the ticket. I was more talking in reply to the loose leaf format of the gas regs someone mentioned.

Reply to New regs books in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net